5. Snooty?

Ferris's comment, "Nothing...never mind." was still in the back of my head eating at me. We made our way out of the Trading Room and went to a baseball game. Honestly, I wasn't paying that much attention. I was getting bored so I opened my sketch book out of my purse. Ferris kept on glancing over and smirking at what I was drawing which made me smile. When that was over we walked over to the art museum.

There were so many beautiful paintings here. All three of us stood in front of a painting and just stared at it. I don't think any of us knew what it was. I'm not gonna lie. This was probably the first time I had fun at an art museum.

We looked over to see a line of kids holding hands walking towards the door. We looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. The next thing I knew we were going them. I was in the middle of Ferris and Cameron. The feeling of Ferris's hand in mine almost made me forget Cam was here. 'I wonder if he wanted to join in just so he could hold my hand.'

We quickly departed and I felt his hand leave mine. I felt as if I was longing for his touch.

Cameron walked off to look at some painting leaving just Ferris and I. We stared at another weird picture but I could feel his eyes on me. I look over and mumble, "what?". He just kept staring at me. "You're beautiful, that's all." I couldn't help but smirk from his comment while butterflies filled my stomach.

We stood there staring at each other for a while before he started moving closer. He was so close I could feel his hot breath on me. My breathing hitched when my starting lean in. He grabbed my cheek with his hand. I licked my lips and inched forward. His lips were just about to touch mine when I heard Cam's foot steps.

I backed away practically pushing him off on me. I hope Cam didn't realize what was going on. My parents will kill me if they find out about me skipping let alone me almost kissing Ferris. They know I'm good friends with him but they never really liked that I hung out with him. Especially now that my brother is suggesting that I 'want' Ferris which... I guess I do. I had one boyfriend before but we broke up and few months ago. My parents were somehow okay with that.

We were all starting I get bored of the museum and decided it was best to get something to eat. Cam and I suggested McDonald's but Ferris really wanted to go to Chez Quis. The fanciest restaurant in the city.

We got here waiting for the maitre d' to come seat us. Of course though in places like this you can only get in with a reservation. I saw Ferris looking at the list and I rolled my eyes as the maitre d' came. He raised his eyebrows when seeing how young we were. "Abe Froman. Party of 3 for 12." Ferris said making his voice deeper. He put his hand out slipping him money. "Abe Froman? The Sausage King of Chicago?" The maitre d' said not convinced. Holding in my laugh was the hardest part of this. 'The Sausage King of Chicago? Really? Out of everyone that's who he picked?'

 'The Sausage King of Chicago? Really? Out of everyone that's who he picked?'

"That's right. I'm Abe Froman." I sighed knowing this wasn't going to end well. "Listen kid, why don't you take the kids and go back to the clubhouse." I can see Ferris getting offended quickly. "Are you suggesting I'm not who I say I am?" "I'm suggesting that you leave before I get snooty."

"Snooty?"

"Snotty."

"Snotty?!"

"Ok, Abe let's go." I intervene the argument. "No! I'm not going anywhere. We'd like to be seated." Ferris yells back at mostly the maitre d'. "Young man you are going to have to take the field trip outside or I am going to have to call the police." The maitre d' threatens. "The police...You're going to call the police on me?" "Yes." "As a matter of fact I'll call the police myself." Ferris threatens back. 'Oh this is really getting out of hand.'

Ferris picks up the phone and dials 9-1-1. The maitre d' tries to take the phone away but he won't let him. He tells him to go find another phone in the restaurant. I just wanna leave already. Ferris quickly hands the phone to me and says, "Ask for Abe Froman." "What?! Ferris come on" He looks at me with puppy dog eyes that he knows I can't resist.

"May I speak to Abe Froman... the Sausage King of Chicago?" I ask putting on the best fancy British voice I can. Ferris is right next to me listening to the conversation. "Could you describe him for me, please?" He replies. "Umm leather jacket, white t-shirt, sweater vest, and... devastatingly handsome." I say smirking looking him up and down. His face glows up when the handsome part was said and he looks down at me smirking. The phone gets cut and Ferris takes it and give it to Cameron. He tells him to act like a police officer.

After a few minutes, we are seating at a table. The maitre d' apologizes over and over again for his 'mistake'. He leaves us all alone when Cam says he has to go to the bathroom. It's just Ferris and I now. The awkward silence is killing me. "So, we almost kissed." I say regretting saying it at all. He looks up from his menu and smirks. "Don't worry. I plan on kissing you soon." He says in a cocky way. "Oh really now." I say crossing my arms. He just nods his head.

After a few more minutes, Cameron comes back and we order our food.

A/N:
Yay!! I had fun writing this chapter. Sorry it took so long. I was busy with school. Next one will be later in the week. I hope you enjoyed it! :)

1011 words