Kyron slides the sheer fabric of my dress down my shoulder. I tilt my head to the side, offering him my neck. I close my eyes and savor the feel of his lips as his words replay in my mind. While I was praying to the Statera to forget him, he was finding every way possible to remember me.

Tears dampen my lashes and my voice trembles as I say, "Your heart will never break because of me again. And you won't need the sun and stars for comfort. You will have me."

He guides me around to face him. "I love you."

"Forever. I'll love you forever, Kyron."

My dress falls to the floor, leaving me in nothing but delicate lace undergarments. His gaze skims over me from head to toe, and he lowers to his knees. He runs his hands down my sides and kisses the center of my torso, making me tremble. My fingers comb through his soft, black hair, pressing down. He follows my silent demand, leaving a wet trail to my navel. When his mouth moves over the lace, I grip his hair and lean into the pillar.

Every lap of his tongue and open-mouthed kiss has me aching for more. I'm desperate to remove the barrier keeping him from my skin, but his mouth feels so good sucking on the lace. He nips at the sensitive flesh and my knees buckle, threatening to let me melt into a puddle at his feet.

Lowering the lace from one hip, Kyron smirks up at me. "I could spend the rest of the night on my knees."

"Statera, stop teasing me."

He lowers the fabric down my thighs. "It looks like you have no issues with the demanding part of being queen."

"Kyron."

He laughs for the second time tonight, and I can't recall ever seeing him this happy. His focus is on me, not the pending conflict, not his missing mother. This is our moment; one we both want to lose ourselves in. 

"Yes, my queen?"

"Put your mouth on me."

"As you wish."

He lifts my leg over his shoulder, and with his gaze locked to mine, he glides his tongue through my folds. That long, wet touch is all it takes, and I'm lost to everything but Kyron and the euphoric sensation pumping through me. I hold on to his hair with both hands, my back arching from the pillar, and his name slipping from my lips like a prayer.

With a final stroke of his tongue, Kyron stands, and his mouth is on mine. The mixture of him and me is invigorating. I drink it in, reawakening my need and desperate to be one with him. I pull his tunic over his head and yank free the string on his trousers. As I shove the leather down his legs, he works free of his boots.

We fall to the bed in tangled limbs and frantic kisses. Kyron wraps his arm around my waist and guides me to the top of the mattress with him. He props his back against the mountain of pillows against the headboard and pulls me into his lap. His mouth moves over my neck, chest, and nipples. I reach between us and take him into my hands. My palms slide over his smooth skin, making him moan.

He tilts his head back, and I lick the column of his neck. I love how he gives in to the pleasure. He doesn't censor his words or fight what comes naturally to him. In my hands, he is free to let go of everything haunting him. I'm his safe place. I hold no judgement—just unending love and it grants me a glimpse of him no one else gets to see.

He turns me to face away from him. My legs straddle his hips while his palms slip down my spine. He kisses my back and pulls me against his chest. His hand moves between us, grabbing his cock and pressing it to my entrance.

I look back at him to protest, wanting to watch him as he moves inside me.

"Trust me," he says, urging me down with a gentle push.

My worries subside as I surrender to the feeling of him easing inside of me. He holds my hips, moving me over him. When the center of our bodies meet, he pulls me back to recline against him. He peppers my neck and shoulders with kisses while I roll my hips. Soft caresses move over my thighs and down my arms. Kyron's shadows coil from his fingers, touching me in all the places he doesn't. I brush my lips against his jaw and moan.

"Look at the stars, Raelle. They are here to watch me worship you."

I give my attention to the millions of sparkling voyeurs. They watch as my parah runs his hands over my skin, and I gasp at his touch. I don't shy away from them as I lift my hips and sink back down over and over again. I don't blush as I spread my legs wider giving Kyron's fingers freedom to move between them. Let the stars stare in envy as we love each other. Let them wish to the ether they could have what we do.

Kyron moves below me, thrusting deep inside me. His breath quickens, and his hand leaves my breast to cling to my hip. The fingers at my center move faster, pulling me with him over the edge. Our bodies collide until they shatter with pure ecstasy. The pieces of us are radiant—vivid rays of aqua, violet, and emerald, burning brighter and more beautiful than the aurora. We bask in the glow until we come back together, out of breath and with liquified muscles. 

Kyron holds me close, rolling us to our sides and curling his body against mine. Drawing circles with my fingertips on his forearm, I stare at the stars and flash them a cheeky smile. I hope each and every one of them understands he is mine, and I am his. Not them, the sun, or the Statera will ever be powerful enough to obliterate our love.