hayun's pov

"so you're telling me you've been talking or should i say pretending to jeongwoo for two weeks now?" doyoung asked. i nodded.

he sat on the swing of the playground with a disappointed look on his face.

"what the hell is wrong with your brain hayun?" he asked as he pulled himself up to swing himself.

"i... i just can't stop talking to him, doyoung." i sighed, covering my face.

"i don't know i find it healing to pretend as hayun..." he kicked the ground, and gazed up at me with an anrgy look.

"healing? lying to someone is healing to you?!" he shouted, and i felt my hands quivering. he's never acted this way before.

"what's happening here?" i suddenly heard a deep voice behind me, and i turned just to see haruto standing still. oh shoot. he's jeongwoo's best friend he can't know.

"ask her," doyoung scoffed.

"talk to me when you've finally cleared your mind, hayun." doyoung left, and i was again stuck with watanabe haruto.

"what about jeongwoo?" haruto asked. i froze, but i walked away before he could even ask more questions.

"yah hayun-ah! how are you're talking to jeongwoo?!" he shouted, and ran towards me.

"you heard?" i asked him.

"yeah. what the hell are you doing, hayun?" he asked.

"i— i just want to talk to jeongwoo, and when he texted me and thought that i was hyeri... i lost my mind and replied back." haruto sighed as he brushed up his hair.

he laughed, and looked at me with his cold eyes.

"hayun... he will never like you," he teased.

i glared at him, and he started laughing like an idiot. he will never take me seriously, honestly.

"but let's face it hayun... you have to tell him the truth. hyeri has a boyfriend. i know you know that as well, and we can't keep jeongwoo believing that she hasn't. it'll hurt him badly if he finds out in the worst possible way."

i did say that watanabe haruto is the most annoying human being i've ever met, but he's being the best one at this moment. doyoung was right, and he made a great point. but hearing it from jeongwoo's best friend convinced me to tell him the truth.

"he hates liars, hayun. so please tell him as soon as possible." he smiled, and pats my head in the most comforting way.

"thanks haruto."

"i'll always gonna be by your side, even if you hate me. i still see you as my friend," he said.

cold but sweet watanabe haruto. no wonder he's friends with jeongwoo.

jeongwoo

jeongwoo
hey hyeri!

jeongwoo
turn around i'm
right behind you

me
what?

jeongwoo
i'm in the grocery
shop too! turn
around

haruto and i froze in our place. i looked up at him, and he ran as fast as he could. i was clueless why he was doing such thing. he then came into a halt, and turned around to face me.

"he said he's at the grocery shop! it's near, so let's go before he finds out!" he shouted, and i moved as fast as i could.

──⋅──

haruto called jeongwoo the moment we stepped on the grounds of the grocery shop. he was still out of breath, so he was panting so loudly that everyone was staring at us. some girls find him hot for doing this for sure.

"jeongwoo? where are you?" he asked. i couldn't hear their conversation, but seeing haruto so worried about this makes me panic a lot.

"okay. i'll help you with the groceries. wait for me." haruto pulled me and ran towards where the beverages are.

he saw jeongwoo staring at the beverages inside the fridge, and called him.

"haruto. well that was fast," he smirked.

"hayun. you're here too. i just saw hyeri, but i was too embarrassed to say hi. pathetic, right?" he asked with a smile. ugh i just love seeing his bright smile.

"no. not at all," i replied.

"what are you doing here with haruto anyway?" he curiously asked.

his face then brightens up with an idea, and playfully looked at both of us. he then started laughing, and i already knew what he was thinking.

"no. it's not like that..." i said before he could even speak those words that i definitely do not want to hear.

"we're just friends jeongwoo." haruto rolled his eyes, and i nodded to agree.

"in fact, the thought in your mind will never happen because she likes someone," haruto added.

i nudged his waist, and he started laughing. while here i am, starting to blush so stupidly in front of the boy i like.

"ooooh who is it?" he asked.

"tell me. tell me. tell me," jeongwoo teased, and my heart started to raise because of that.

"you..." i said.

"what?" jeongwoo asked in confusion. haruto looked at me with a befuddled face.

"you should stop teasing me, and start grocery shopping. like look at this you only have two items in your cart," i replied.

jeongwoo laughed because of what i said while nodding.

phew.

"nice one hayun-ah you totally saved yourself," haruto whispered, and i just nudged him.

i promise i'll tell you the truth jeongwoo. i promise. just not now.