"No, I like your confidence," Peach said. "And I promised that I'd be there when you find Toad. So you can come." Peach stroked her chin thoughtfully. "But you're right - I can't go alone either. I'll need some brave toads to go with me. But not many." She stood up as Toaddette finished brushing her hair. "Toaddette, I think I have an announcement to make at dinner tonight."

************************ 

Dinner arrived quickly. Toaddette whipped up another batch of pucker bud stew, which everyone had voted they were now pretty sick of. Toadlee reported that he and a small crew of toads would be setting out the next morning to look for some better vegetation to make a stew. Everyone cheered their approval at this. 

Partway through dinner, Peach stood. The table fell silent. 

"Well then, as agreed, I've rested for a full day," she said. "I can't say that I'm completely ship-shape, but I feel much more rested. I'll be setting off to a new region tomorrow morning." 

Everyone at the table groaned their disapproval. Peach held up her hand. 

"However, I realize that I needn't go alone," Peach said. "After all, Toadsworth would have told me the very same thing. I know that I can count on all you to hold down the fort here. But while you all are safe here, other toads in other places of the island are in danger. So I've decided to choose three toads to accompany me to the unknown. Toaddette has already become one of my party members. I've decided that the other two I'll be taking are Toadonelly and Toader." 

The table clapped in approval. Toadonelly nodded in thanks and Toader grew red with embarrassment and refilled his wine mug. 

"I'm sorry to inform you on such short notice," Peach told the two toads. "But we'll be leaving tomorrow morning. Take a last bath while you can and make sure that you get enough sleep." 

"Wait!" Perry shouted from where he was propped up beside Peach. He was slurping down the soup like there was no tomorrow. "I'll be going with you too, right?" 

Peach smiled. "Of course. I'm sure it's sunny where we're going." 

"Hey!" Perry cried. "I resent that!"

************************************** 

Peach rose early the next morning and roused Toadonelly, Toaddette, and Toader. "We leave in an hour," she said. "Have you guys packed?" 

Toaddette nodded and showed Peach a little knapsack that she'd placed beside the bed. "I've got clothes and food inside." 

Toadonelly and Toader had packed already as well. Peach quickly grabbed a spare bookbag and stuffed her extra dress and some washcloths inside. Toaddette led her downstairs, where a pot of leftover pucker bud soup was still being heated over the flickering fire. Toaddette spooned some into a small bowl and them placed a cap on it. She handed three to Peach and Toadonelly and Toader. 

When all was said and done, Peach grabbed Perry and she and her party left the house. 

"Breakfast-time already?" Perry yawned.  

"Adventure time," Peach contradicted. 

The sun was rising as they hiked into the woods. The trees, after the past couple of days had started to bloom with leaves and flowers, making everything seem less scary and gave the atmosphere more of a spring feel.  

They reached a small clearing and saw the Hoo crouched below the tree she'd made her nest in. She stood when Peach and her party approached. "Princess Toadstool," she crooned. "What may I do for you?" 

"We're heading off for a new region," Peach explained. "We're to search for more toads." 

"Ah, I see." 

"Can you fly us to...Fury Volcano?" 

The Hoo blinked. "The volcano region?" 

"Yes. I'm checking every region for toads." 

"I suppose. But I should warn you - Fury Volcano is a very dangerous region. The indigenous people of Vibe Island live there. They don't welcome strangers very warmly." 

Toaddette exchanged a worried look with Toader. 

"We'll be all right," Peach said. 

"Very well." The Hoo rose. "Hop onto my back. I'll fly you there." 

The Hoo leaned over on her side, and Toadonelly, Toader, Toaddette and Peach clambered onto her feathery back. The Hoo flapped her wings four times and then slowly rose into the air. As they finally took flight, Peach looked behind her, watching Vibe Island's no-longer-haunted region get small until the sunny forest faded over the horizon.