Comfort ⚠️TW: SELF HARM⚠️

⚠️TW: SELF HARM⚠️
It's been about three weeks since the Byers moved... and three months since the big battle against the Mind Flayer that burnt down the mall. Everyone missed El and Will, even Steve. You were doing okay with everything, mostly because Max kept you smiling through it all. You had some times though, believing everything was your fault; you had been self harming a bit. You and the party called the Byers every day to talk and catch up, El was finally starting school out there in Maine. You were happy for her, after all, she was your sister. Max was doing pretty good for losing her brother to that monster. When she was upset you kept her happy. You and Max were, as Steve says; The Perfect Couple. Which was very true, you guys had never had a fight since you had a disagreement when finding the bloody whistle in Billy's trash. But that was months ago, now you and Max are utterly and completely in love with each other.
"I hope she falls." Mike says. "Shut up." You elbow him in the stomach. "Ouch!" You, Mike, Dustin and Lucas were watching Max skateboard, she had just learned how to do a kick flip and wanted to show you guys. "You're doing great, babe!" You yell after her. She smiles and blushes before skating back to you and the boys and popping up her board. "Now can we go play Atari?" Mike whines. "Yeah sure." You chuckle. You focus on Mike to read his mind. "So dumb, it's just wasting Atari time." His voice says without his mouth moving. You pick up a ball on the side of Mikes house and chuck it at him. "Hey! What was that for?!" He yells while Lucas and Dustin laugh. "Think only good thoughts, Michael." He laughs and opens his front door. You all walk inside, you going to bathroom to wipe the blood off your nose with Max following close behind. You walk in and hear the door shut behind you, you quickly spin around to see who closed it and see your beautiful red headed girlfriend smiling at you. "What are you doing?" You chuckle. "Oh, just wanting to help my amazing girlfriend with her bloody nose." "You sure this isn't an excuse to be alone with me?" You smirk. "What? Nooooo, neverrrr!" Max says sarcastically. You laugh before Max picks you up by your waist and sits you on the counter beside the sink. She grabs a paper towel and wets it until the sink before walking over to stand between your legs and wipe the blood. She rubs her left hand up and down your outer thigh as she does so. She throws the wet towel away and washed her hands before standing back in her original spot between your dangling legs. She rubs both hands on both of your thighs as she stares at you. You wrap your arms around her neck and smile. She suddenly stops rubbing and you notice that her eyes are looking at your arms. You quickly pull back and roll down your sleeves. "Y/n..." You look down at your covered-by-sweatpants knees. Max hooks her right index finger and puts it under your chin, pulling your face up to look at her. She grabs your hands and pulls up your sleeves again. "Please, I know you think it's all your fault but its not. It's really not. Please don't do that anymore. If not for yourself then for me." Your eyes sting with tears. "And don't hide them either. They're nothing to be ashamed of. They're beautiful. Almost as beautiful as you." She caresses your cheek in her hand. She pulls your face down and leans hers up, not taking long to connect your lips. She moves her hands down to your waist as yours go up to her cheeks. Your lips move in sync, not aggressively, not fast, but a nice, slow, affectionate kiss.
Later that night, when you're in bed reading Wonder Woman comics, you hear a knock on your window. You get up and open it, seeing a crying Max in the tree outside. "Baby, whats wrong?" You ask as you help her climb inside. Her eyes were redder than her hair. You close the window and hug her as you lay down in your bed with Max in your arms. "Shh. Shh. It's okay bubs, its okay baby girl. Its okay. Shh." You whisper in her ear as you hold her. You kiss everywhere on her face except for her lips, when you finally get there she kisses back right away. You slowly pull away. "Whats wrong, beautiful?" "I- I- I miss Billy." She cries. "Oh, its okay. Hey, hey, hey, its all gonna be okay. I love you so so so much. Would you like to spend the night?" She nods. You climb out of the bed and tuck her in. "Night, babes." You go to turn off the light when Max stops you. "Where are you going?" She asks. "As much as I would love to sleep with you, Steve would kill me." I say. "And as much as I love you, you're staying, Steve or not." She smirks. "Jeez, I can't say no to you." You smile and climb back in bed next to her. She lays her head on your shoulder and hugs your waist while you hold her close. "I love you." You say before giving her a forehead kiss. "I love you more."