Chapter 18

(A/N - HAPPY UPLOAD DAY!
           - please let me know which driver you would like to see in my next story!
AND
          do you want me to start a one-shot book?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW❤️)

"Alright you two. Come on we have to board now anyways." Daniel said as he dragged us towards the gate.

As we reached our seats, Sky barged past me and shouted, "I bagsy the window seat!"

Was I surprised? No.

Sky then handed her bags to Daniel, "Aww Dan, can you please put this in the overhead locker?"

He took her bag and replied, "Yeah, I can. Shorty."

"Hey! That's not fair. I'm not that much smaller than Lando thank you very much."

We all sat down and managed to stay quiet for most of the flight, we were quite the loud bunch.

____

The trio landed back in England and headed to the garage.

"Ya know Sky, I've never seen your car before." said Lando.

"No, you haven't. But I think you will like it." she said with a devious grin.

They rounded the corner and approached Sky's car. Conveniently, her car was opposite Lando's and Daniel's was a few cars up.

There were four cars all parked around Sky's.

Daniel inspected the first one, "So, this Audi A1 is yours?".

"What? No?" Sky laughed. "THAT car is mine." She said whilst pointing to her own car.

The only words to come out of Lando's mouth were, "No fucking way."

Sky's car was a new decked out Nissan GT-R, custom plate, black wheel rims and alloys and even red brake calipers just to add some spice. The overall colour of the car was a deep blue and it looked amazing, at least it did in Sky's opinion.

"Yes fucking way. That's my car. It looks good doesn't it."

"Hell yeah it does!" said Daniel. The two boys walked all the way around the car inspecting every inch of it.

"So, how come you didn't get an Aston or something? You know, because of Red Bull." asked Lando.

"I didn't want an Aston, I like my car and it sounds like a weapon." she replied.

Daniel stood up from inspecting the brake calipers, "Well don't just stand there, fire her up."

Sky chuckled and put her bags in the boot, walked over to the driver side, hopped in and turned on the engine.

It was pure heaven.

The engine roared through the garage, it sounded amazing, genuinely.

"It's a 3.8 litre, twin-turbocharged V6 engine with dual clutch transmission. 6 gears of course. It pulls about 590 horsepower." Sky explained proudly.

Daniel and Lando continued to look impressed. She left her engine rumbling and went to give them a hug.

"I will see you both in France."

She hugged Daniel first and he walked off.

It was just her and Lando. "So, we have a two week break, d'ya wanna come over this week? Thursday or something?" he asked.

"Can't do Thursday because I gotta be in Milton Keynes for sim training but I can drive up on Friday morning."

"Okay. See you then." Lando leaned in for a hug and Sky did too, Lando placed a small kiss on her cheek and they turned to their own cars.

"Have fun in your mini!" Sky shouted.

"Ahhh piss off. You know my Mclaren is at home." Lando laughed and put his middle finger up.

They both chuckled as they sat in their own driver seats.

Lando let Sky pull away first and the minute they both hit the motorway, Sky left him in the dust as she sped away.

____

Sky lived in Aylesbury. Which is a 35 minute drive from the Red Bull factory and an hour from Lando's place in Woking.

She pulled up to her own house and grabbed her bag, unlocked the door and cranked the heating up. Even in May, England was still pretty chilly sometimes.

She grabbed one of her microwave meals and shoved it in for the required 6 minutes. She also decided to be cheeky and pour herself a glass of white wine. She enjoyed a nice drink every now and then.

She had just settled on the sofa when her phone went off.

Core Four

LANDO: So, how about tomorrow night at Sky's place?

YOU: I've got food and a little bit of booze but you guys will need to help me out. Also, I'm gonna invite some more people.

GEORGE: I'm sure we can bring some sustenance. If you invite Danny, he'll bring the whole shop🤣

ALEX: Too true:)

YOU: Okay, well I'll see you all tomorrow :))

GEORGE, ALEX, LANDO LIKED YOUR MESSAGE

Sky turned on her tv and began to watch some Netflix before a reasonably early bedtime.

____

Tuesday, party day. Sky had invited almost the entire grid. She had no clue who would arrive but she had sent out the invites. Since she was only a rookie, she expected her closest friends to arrive. However, she wasn't expecting Sir Lewis Hamilton to text her about it.

"Holy shit!" she shouted.

Sky opened her Instagram account to find a message from Lewis, it read:

'Hi Sky, I got your invite and I'd be happy to come! It always great to celebrate victories and especially when you are in your rookie season! If it's okay, I would like to arrive a bit earlier so I can talk to you about something?'

She responded to him almost immediately, 'Hi Lewis, of course you can arrive early. Just let me know what time you are planning on coming.'

Sky was completely flabbergasted, Lewis Hamilton, 7 time world champion wants to talk to me?

She decided it was time to get ready, it was already 11am and she told everyone to arrive at 3. Lando was arriving at 1 to help Sky set up the food and drinks.

Time went by, Sky finished getting ready and Lando arrived.

"Hey Sky. You here?"

"Yes I'm coming down now." she replied.

Sky arrived at the top of her stairs to see Lando at the bottom, he turned his eyes towards her and his jaw dropped.

She was wearing an all black, thigh-high, halter neck dress with some black Louboutin's and several gold jewellery pieces.

"Stop drooling Norris." she said.

"Ugh, sorry, you just look amazing." he said, Sky blushed.