Chapter 16

(So?! The Monaco GP last weekend was intense and I loved it! Also CARLANDO podium! :) Enjoy this chapter!)

Typical they did this on race day.

——

Hours passed, it was 1:35pm and the race was at 2:30 local time. Sky had been sat at that bloody chair for hours. She had spoken to a few people, Ally, Maria, Jules and Daniel had text her too.

Daniel mentioned that Lando was pissed and wasn't answering anyone. Which made Sky only worry for him.

She couldn't even go and see if he was okay.

He wasn't of course. He had shut himself up in his room. He told Jon what happened and hasn't spoken to anyone since.

The whole team could tell something was wrong when he walked into the garage. Only Charlotte, Zak, Andreas, Jon and Dan knew about it. But they could still tell.

He had checked his phone before coming out and had received a few messages of Sky but didn't bother to answer her.

This is fucking ridiculous. He thought. And it was. It wasn't a full contact ban, but they were limited down to no contact out or in of their workplace unless it's an interview or something.

Sky had her own agenda. Having been sat in the chair for a good 2 hours. She decided to go and get ready for the race. Which was less than an hour away. Plus she didn't want anybody wondering where she was!

——

"Hey Sky. Where have you been? I was starting to get worried." asked Adrian.

Sky looked at him and shrugged her shoulders. "I was about."

Sky walked off, no expression on her face, she changed into her race suit and walked back into the garage.

She noticed Christian in the corner of her eye as he walked towards her.
"Sky, please don't act like a child and play a face. It's not that hard to stay away from them. They are not the only friends you have."

Sky looked at him. Is he insane? Like what the actually fuck. "Actually they are two of few friends I have. Plus, would you do the same thing if it was Max who is friends with them? Which in fact he is. No. You wouldn't."

She walked away from Christian. He followed his gaze after her and stood there. He eventually walked back to the pit wall ready for the race.

——

It was race time. Lando, Sky and Daniel were all on the grid in their cars. Sky took pole. Comfortably.

Lando and Daniel a row or two behind her. Max also behind her. After what happened that morning, Sky felt like she needed this win. Just to prove everybody wrong.

Formation lap lights went out and they were off. The Red Bull steadily holding a nice pace in front of the pack. Once they rounded the final corner, Crofty and Martin begun commentating.

"Hello everybody. It's me, David Croft, with my mate Martin Brundle. Here to bring you all of today's action. The most exciting news of the week is Sky Morgan! Taking her first F1 pole. Even beating her teammate Max Verstappen. The cars are just slotting into the grid now and we are in for an exciting race. Here we go...

IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!

Morgan straight into turn one with the pack behind her. We are straight into the action here in Baku.

Oooo! Valtteri Bottas is trying to make a move on Charles Leclerc in the Ferrari but he is defending well! And Leclerc has shut the door on him. George Russell is doing well in the Mercedes. Currently P3.

——

Time passed and Sky was still in the lead. She had a 6.4 second gap on Max and she was on lap 27. She was going strong. Esteban Ocon and Lance Stroll made contact a couple of laps prior so were out of the race.

Lando and Daniel were in P6 and P7 and going strong.

"Hey Sky. It's Christian here. I want you to be careful on your entrance into turn 5, as you know, it's an extremely tight corner. Ease into it, then flow round the corner."

"Yep. Okay Christian."

Sky didn't say anything else for a while. She just listened to her engineer and drove. Hard. She took all of her anger, all of her hatred and put it into her driving. Her corners were fierce, her straights were smooth.

She was on the final lap. It was intense. Sky had managed to hold off Max all race. He was right on her tail.

"We're back here in the commentary box and let me tell you! This has been an exciting race here in Azerbaijan. Ocon and Stroll crashed earlier on in the race. Valtteri Bottas and George Russell are fighting for P3 with Lando Norris dropping from P7 to P10. Ricciardo is in 9th. It has not been a great race for McLaren. Sky and Max are rounding the final corner and oh my god! MAX VERSTAPPEN IS CATCHING SKY UP IN THE RED BULLS. OH, OH, OH NO! Max Verstappen crosses the line 0.02 seconds behind Sky Morgan!

SKY MORGAN CROSSES THE LINE TO TAKE HER FIRST FORMULA ONE VICTORY! What a day for Red Bull! They will be extremely pleased with that result!"

——

"Oh my fucking god. What did we just do? Ahhhh!" Sky yelled with excitement down her radio. "YES YES YES YES. WOOO!"

"Congratulations Sky! This is amazing. You deserve this win. I'm over the moon for you! Well done." replied Adrian.

Christian Horner popped on the line to congratulate Sky and she pulled her car into the No. 1 spot at the front of the pit lane.

Sky jumped out of her car. Bubbling with excitement and ran over to the Red Bull team. She jumped onto the barrier and gave them a massive hug whilst they all cheered for her.

Sky felt amazing, she had just won her first Grand Prix.