"I'll just come home early. If I come home early they won't have a chance to grab me, if they are after me and if they aren't that'll be okay too." They mumbled to themself.

They felt like they were going crazy with how much they were talking to themself lately. They walked around fairly confidently during the auction until they ran into a few of the troupe members in broad daylight. They were just sitting at a public table in a lounge area. They stare in confusion, face getting hot as the pink haired woman looks over and catches them staring. They look away, she was very pretty but they didn't want to make themself more suspicious to more of the Troupe. She said something to the man she was with and he also looked over. Their face only seemed to heat up more, they glanced back and looked away again. This was just down right embarrassing for Y/N. The two spiders eventually looked back at each other, the man seemed to tease the pink haired woman a bit. To which she only rolled her eyes. Y/N looked at the couple in front of them, the two of them only seemed to get more uncomfortable as time went on. Their phone rang and they answer it, talking a bit before the two looked wide eyed at the womans phone and running off. The two spiders eventually got up too, walking away quickly yet still casually. Two boys follow after them not long after they round a corner. They looked familiar to Y/N. Then it hit them, those were the boys from that arm wrestling auction. Why were those two chasing after such dangerous people.They shake it off, it was none of their business and they weren't about to make it theirs.This city just kept getting weirder and weirder. When they said they wanted adventure this isn't what they meant by that. This was only affirming the fact that leaving was more than a good idea. They shrugged it off and get up after a while to go explore the auction some more. They walked around until it got dark, beginning their walk home. They jump as they heard crashing, tires screeching and gun shots in the distance. Y/N gulped and walked faster towards their apartment building. The sounds must have been coming from close to their apartment because the closer they got to it the louder the sounds were. They saw a man with a gun, shooting at someone in front of him before getting shot himself. They froze for a moment, breathing getting shaky as shadows of more people with weapons and what looked like troupe members started to emerge from around the corner. Something was burning over there as well. They quickly run to their apartment building's door, rushing inside and up the stairs to their room. They struggled to get the doors open because of their panicked state but they managed. They heaved loudly, trying to catch their breath but their lungs felt as if they wanted to collapse. They teared up as they heard screams, crashes, and gunshots outside. Their heart raced as they ran to their door and windows, locking them and pulling the shades closed. The noise slowly faded and their heart began to calm itself, the air no longer stinging as it touched their lips. They sat at the table as the near deafening silence settled in. They sighed softly and pull out their phone and texted their L\O.

"Hey. I just want you to know, I love you." They sighed softly and put the phone down.

They weren't sure if they were going to make it out of this alive or not, and at this rate the chances of surviving didn't seem very likely. This was so much worse than they ever thought it could get and it had only been a few days. It couldn't get any worse than this could it? They just witnessed a mass murder outside of their apartment, it couldn't get worse right?

"Are you okay?! I'm watching the news. What's going on?" L/O/N texted them back within minutes

"The Phantom Troupe is attacking the mafia's auction. I guess they have something that they want."

"They're so close to where you are... You're not hurt are you?"

"No. I'm not hurt but I think I need to get out of here. It's getting way too messy in Yorknew and I think I made the leader of the Troupe mad. I'm not taking any chances, especially after this."

"Yeah. That's a good idea. I mean what if this happens next year?"

"Exactly. I'm changing my phone and number so I'll text you when I can. I'm leaving in three days."

"Okay. Stay safe."

They smiled slightly, and laid in their bed in silence, the reality of this entire situation slowly creeping up on them. They didn't think he was after them at this point but they also still wanted to be safe. He could most likely care less about some barista in the city. The fact that this auction happened every year and they could have to deal with this amount of danger again however, was not sitting right with them. They could actually get hurt next time or even die if they weren't careful. They would rather just move and never deal with this again than die.

"Just three more days." They whispered, closing their eyes.

They weren't really tired, the adrenaline was still pumping through their veins from earlier's encounter. They breathed out softly and the world going silent and dark until they sit up the next morning. They wipe their face of drool, huffing in frustration. Drooling on themself always made them feel gross. They didn't even realize they fell asleep but that was the best sleep they'd gotten in the past few nights. They opened their phone and looked at the news. It was reported that the Troupe had massacred the auction, killing most of the staff but half of the spiders also showed up dead later that night and the auction for that night went as planned. They felt themself relax and exhale in relief. They hadn't even realized they were holding their breath. One of the spiders found dead was Chrollo Lucifer. They were still planning on moving but if they wanted to come back next year they wouldn't have to worry about him again. They got up and stretched, yawning as they walked to their fridge. There wasn't much in it but what was left had to get used before they left, so they pull out the F/J and some other breakfast items that could possibly go together. There wasn't much left of what they pulled out so they made the rest of it, and poured their F/J into a glass. They enjoyed their breakfast, feeling as if they deserved this after everything that happened over these past few days. They grinned as they washed their dishes, excited to be able to stay out late now that they didn't have to worry about most of the Troupe trying to shoot up the city. At least that's what they thought. That night they walked around the night auction, admiring the warm lighting and general air of the place, but stopping dead in their tracks as they spotted the entirity of the Troupe walking down the street casually. They turned around and walked the other way, maybe they could just ignore them and it'd be fine, at least for tonight. They saw a few people hopping roofs after the Troupe, it was those two boys from the arm wrestling auction again. Those boys just loved running face first into danger didn't they? They ignored them, not wanting to get into that tonight. They stop at a few food booths to see what they had since they had been out all day and it was closing in on dinner time. They had any kind of food you could think of but they decided they just wanted a snack. They'd eat an actual dinner when they got home. They chose to eat at one stand that had cute bug themed ice cream and seemed to have a shorter line than the rest. They decided to go with the maple moth themed cone. It was pink and yellow with antenas and wings made from crystalized sugar and whipcream.It was strawberry banana flavor with strawberry pieces in it. Their eyes light up as they taste it, it was the best ice cream they had in a while. They enjoyed the rest of their night without incident. They smiled to themself as they laid in their bed that night. That was the best night they'd had this whole time they were living in Yorknew. They had fun for the next few days, surprisingly not running into those spiders again before they grabbed their bags and traveled quite a few cities over. Somewhere far away from both Yorknew and Meteor city. They got themself a hotel room and were ready to start a new life.