Chapter 33 - Comfort

Start from the beginning

"Should we wake Jamie up?" I asked quietly into my mate's chest. He didn't answer for a minute, instead of letting his hand run up and down my back down, the light touch almost tickling me.

"Not yet, he didn't sleep much while you were gone," Matias mumbled back. Sadness swept through my heart, and I couldn't help the tears that started to build up.

"I'm so sorry." My voice cracked, and Matias just squeezed me tighter.

"It's not your fault. It's not baby, my security was lacking. I should have done more, it's not your fault." He whispered, and I could hear the sadness in his voice too, and that only made me want to cry more.

"It wasn't your fault e-either," I mumbled, nuzzling my face into his chest more. He gave me another tight squeeze, pressing a kiss to my head.

We stayed silent after that. Soft breaths, one of Matias's arms wrapped around me, the other hand playing with my hair. My head rested on his chest, one hand still loosely gripping his shirt and the other still in Jamie's possession. I didn't know how long we stayed like that, but it must have been a while because eventually, Jamie started to stir. He sat up with squinted, bleary eyes, bringing a little fist up to rub them. His eyes went wide when his fist fell away, and then he flung himself back on me.

"Dae-Dae-Daemon!" He screeched right into my ear, and I flinched a little bit as I wrapped my arms around him. I held his head to my shoulder as I felt a new wave of tears coming off his face, the other snug around his back, holding him to me. I dipped my head into the small crook of his neck, squeezing him even tighter.

"I'm here, I'm here," I whispered, and his little hands fisted in the back of my shirt. After a few minutes, his cries died out again, but he did not release his grip. I felt Matias's hand rubbing my back, and I picked my face up from Jamie's shoulder and gave him a soft smile.

"I-I thought it was- it was a d-dream." Jamie sniffled out, his small voice muffled against my shoulder. I gave him another squeeze, pressing a kiss to the top of his head.

"It's not a dream. I'm right here. I promise," I whispered, breathing in his scent. It was real.

Jamie pulled his head from my shoulder, watery eyes meeting mine. His small hands came up and pressed against the side of my face. I smiled, sticking my tongue out to attempt to lick his hand. He giggled, before falling back against my chest with a sigh.

"Don't leave-leave me again. Please," He whimpered, squeezing me tight, and my heart broke just a little bit.

"I will never leave you, Jamie, never," I promised him, hugging him back.

"O-Ok." He pulled away again, smiling at me, before flopping right back into my chest. I laughed, and I felt his little giggle against my chest too.

"Alright boys," Matias's voice was filled with happiness and humor, and I turned my head to look at him just as Jamie picked his up off my chest. I smiled at my Mate, squeezing the little boy too. Matias smiled back at us, raising a hand to ruffle Jamie's head full of curls. Jamie giggle as he did so, pulling his head away as then immediately proceeding to jump on Matias. Matias caught the boy, pulling him into his lap with a smile.

"Would you like to get up, and go downstairs?" Matias asked, sitting Jamie upright and looking at me. I paused, then nodded, pulling the cover off my legs. Matias picked Jamie up and put him on the ground, and Jamie patiently waited as I tried to hype myself up to actually stand up.

"Take your time," Matias said, and I glanced up at him. I smiled and he smiled back, leaning down to peck me on the head as he grabbed one of my hands.

With a sigh, I swung my legs, and, surprisingly, they actually moved. I could feel them tingling a little bit as they dangled off the edge of the bed, my feet just barely touching the floor. I scored forward, and now they did, then pushed myself up off the bed.

I immediately started to fall. Thankfully, Matias caught me and pushed me back up. He wrapped an arm around my waist, which could not have been comfortable for him.

"This is pathetic," I grumbled under my breath, clinging onto Matias's other arm.

"No, it's not. You haven't walked on your human legs in goddess knows how long, it's going to be a little tricky." Matias stated, squeezing me around the waist a bit.

"Still," I started, but he cut me off.

"No." I huffed, rolling my eyes. He just smiled down at me, placing a quick kiss on the top of my head again. I looked over at Jamie, who was still patiently waiting for us. He smiled when I met his gaze, rushing towards me. Stopping at my other side, he grabbed my hand with a smile.

"I'll help-help." He beamed, whatever sadness he had previously washed away. I smiled at my boy, squeezing his little palm in mine.

"Alright." I smiled at both the men, well one boy and one man, at my sides, and we began the stupidly long walk, in my opinion, downstairs.

But it wasn't a moment I would ever forget.

Ok, ok, ok. I lied, I got caught up in the happy mood of my own story so much I forgot about all the stuff I haven't closed off yet. There are more than a few chapters left. Forgive the poor author for getting caught up in her own damn book. Lol

Huge shout out to @Rojo_Lobo for the new book cover, I love it so much. I don't think I can thank you enough, and I had to write something here.

Thank you all for reading, and all of you who have finished the Final exams, or even graduated, good job and congratulations!

<3