chapter nine

Johnny stands there, staring down the blonde for a minute before marching right over to him. He stares up at Dallas, his face angry. The ravenette had been so worried for so long.

The ravenette grabs Dallas by the collar, pulling him down so that they were at eye level. And the blonde didn't even bat an eye, as if something like this happens often. Which it probably does, assuming that the blonde thought this was a fight.

"Why did you run off like that?" Johnny spits. He's never had a time where he was more angry than this one. "Huh? What the hell were you thinking?"

Dallas looks at Johnny, swallowing thickly. He had never seen the younger teen like this, and it was honestly a little terrifying. But he would never show that, knowing that he would never be afraid of Johnny Cade, gangs pet.

"What do you want me to say?" Dallas asks him. "I told you something important and you never answered me. John, I was scared. And don't you go telling anyone else that. I'll kick the shit out of you."

The younger teen didn't even falter, despite the threat and staring into the blonde's icy blue eyes. They were so cold and they looked mean. Johnny didn't care. He never cared. Not about this.

"I didn't answer you because I was just shocked, you dumbass!" Johnny scolds. "I didn't expect that you would return my feelings! So forgive me!"

Dallas tenses up in Johnny's hold, staring into the younger teen's eyes. He wanted to make sure that he was hearing things correctly. Johnny had feelings for him?

"God, kid..." Dallas takes a small breath. "You gotta get better at telling people things..."

"You're telling me that?" Johnny asks, huffing. "You ran out before I could tell you! And stop acting like I never talk or something!"

Johnny was timid and on the quieter side, but he did talk. It just depended on the people and the conversation. He enjoyed talking to the people that he cared about. But everyone just assumes that he won't talk because of his parents and what they did to him.

Not true.

Not this time.

Dallas couldn't help but snicker. He was being lectured by someone just about half his size. He thought it was amusing. Kind of like being barked at by a puppy.

Johnny glares, seeing that the blonde wasn't really taking him serious. Of course he wasn't. The blonde never took anything serious, and it's why people thought he was so cocky all of the time. And he was just cocky as he was.

The ravenette leans up just barely and presses their lips together quickly. He wanted to be treated like this was serious. And it was. This was their feelings. Something foreign to both of them, in the matter of expressing it, but they could do this.

The blonde kisses Johnny back, his tensed stature melting away to relax. He moves his hands that had been jammed into his pockets this whole time, to rest on Johnny's hips.

They were both soaked through from the pouring rain, but neither seemed to mind it. They continue to kiss and keep one another close. Johnny's grip was still tight on Dallas's collar while Dallas held him by his hips.

Eventually the ravenette was the one to break away from their kiss, taking a shaky breath. He had never done that before, so his heart was racing with nerves. The teen couldn't even look Dallas in the eyes, now very much afraid of his reaction.

The blonde simply smirks, pressing their foreheads together. He didn't bother pulling away, Johnny's grip still tight on his collar. The older teen of the two hums softly, keeping his hands on the ravenette's hips.