I sighed. This was going to be a long, tedious day.

Everyone below the podium were busy chatting amongst themselves providing a background buzz as we got onto the stage.

I left Dreams side and walked over to Quackity, shooting him a small, but genuine smile.

"Are you alright?" I asked him. It seemed like such an ordinary thing to be saying throughout this whole unordinary situation.

Quackity drew a long breath. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes, most likely the time he had spent dealing with Schlatt, left him little to no time to rest.
"Yeah, Schlatt took a while to get out of the white house, but apart from that, today should be a good day"

He finished with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"What about you?" Schlatt was busy in discussion with Dream so it didn't look like we were going to start anytime soon, giving us some time to genuinely catch up. "With Wil and Tommy being exiled I didn't think you'll show up"

This time it was my turn to take a deep breath. "Well, with a man like that in charge, I would rather stay on his good side."

Quackity simply nodded and yawned.
I was about to tell him I would cover for him to go take a quick 30 minute nap when the sound of Schlatt clearing his throat boomed through the microphone.

Quackity led me to a seat, just to the left and back from where the president was standing. I looked to my right, expecting to see Dream however he was nowhere to be found. I frowned as Schlatt started speaking again.

"Welcome! Everyone to my second presidential speech, I'll keep it short and sweet so you can get straight on with the orders." He paused, gazing his eyes over the sparse audience. Schlatts voice continued to rubble with words through the speakers as I turned to Quackity.

" Where's Tubbo? " I whispered trying not to draw attention away from Schlatt.

Quackity leant to my side to whisper into my ear. "He went to follow Schlatts orders, pretty sure its to find Wil and Tommy."

I nodded in response. That made sense.

I doubted Tubbo would find them, if they hid in the cage, they should be hidden. Even if Tubbo did find th, he wouldn't hurt them, right?

I had already planned to take a bag of supplies over to them after the speech. I'd make up some excuse to tell Schlatt and hope Dream was busy stalking someone else.

I wonder what they're going to do next. They can't come back here unless they come to some sort of understanding, or the more likely option: by force. Obviously a war, or I guess revolution of some sort would be easier. They already have me on the inside, however if they wanted a chance they would need another skilled fighter.

Knowing Tommy he probably had a few legendary contacts, I did know he had one with Phil, the bird-like biological immortal.
Although I doubt he would help with fighting.

"And that is why, my second degree as L'manbergs president, is to destroy the walls that restrict this great nation!" Gasps were heard from he crowd as Schlatt announced his ruling. Murmurs broke out amongst the seats, the silence from before now nowhere to be seen.

I stood up, Quackity quickly following as I stepped towards Schlatt.
"The walls?!" I hissed at him through my clenched teeth, not sure whether the microphone was still on. "You've got to be fucking kidding me Schlatt"

He turned to me, a smile slick across his face. "I said what I said Sweetheart."

I took everything to stop myself lashing out at him, jeopardising being able to help Wil and Tommy.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I slowly relaxed and uncleanched my fists and jaw. A sweet voice rung out above the chattering, one that I recognised.

"How can you do this, you sick man!" Oh Niki, please stay out of this. I cursed under my breath as Schlatt face darkened slightly then twisted into a sick smirk.

He opened his mouth, about to speak into the microphone as a grabbed his arm. His head snapped towards me, angry at me for stopping him.

"Schlatt, please, let me deal with her"
I begged him. Who knows what he would do. I have to get to Niki to warn her to stay out of his path and to tell her there is hope for her lost friends.

Schlatt thought for a second before sighing and tugging his arm out of my tight grip.

"Fine, but is she acts out again, I'll deal with her myself." Relieved, I stepped away from him as he gave his direct orders.

I made eye contact with Niki, silently begging her not to say anything. As soon as Schlatt was done I rushed down the steps, striding two at a time. I reached the bottom and spotted Niki in the rising crowd of people.

I made my way to her, tugging her down the path a little way.

"How can he even do that, Y/N?! How can you stand there and listen to what that horrible man is saying?!" She was fuming.

"Niki, Niki! Please calm down, I need you to understand." She looked at me eyes wide and nodded. "You need to stay out of his way, he's a bad man and he will not hesitate to hurt you or your new friends here. Please, follow his rules, his orders, even if you don't want to. I promise you, I'm sorting this out."

"What about Tommy and- and Wil?" Her voice was quiet. "Have you seen them? Oh god- if they're not ok, I- I" Tears welled at her eyes as I shushed her.

"It's going to be ok, I promise you. I can't tell you much now but just know, they're ok" I smiled at her. She wiped her eyes then threw her arms around me. I stayed still for a moment before moving to hug her back. All this physical contact with people was still hard to get used to.

I pulled away. "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble."

"I promise"

~~~

Wow I finally finished writing the chapter

Um yeah I'm aware that was a shit chapter for how long you had to wait for it

I'll try get some more out, I'm still in school and homework is piling up but I'll try my best lol

Not proofread (sorry I'm too lazy lol)

1653 words