15: Spring Left Me Alone

Start from the beginning

She shrugged and stated simply, "Nothing. You are just an idiot."

"I don't remember where this started from," he quirked his brow.

She kicked a stone, her eyes still fixated on his,
"That's 'cause you are an idiot."

"Excuse me?" he scowled, mildly offended.

"Shut it," she deadpanned.

He retorted,
"No, I won't. You are the idiot here."

If this dimwit makes the same mistake again, I might as well lose it. Sam frowned, not very impressed with how Ray was conversing with the girl.

Emma and Norman blinked at them in amusement, not fully sure what their bickering was supposed to signify. Barbara and Cislo observed them, without a word.

That was until Barbara commented flatly,
"Y/n-san is shorter than Ray."

Both Y/n and Ray shut their mouths and glued their eyes on Barbara.

"Yeah, she is probably as tall as you," Cislo hummed in agreement.

Barbara slapped his back, not very happy with him making fun of her height.

Y/n's eyebrows twitched in annoyance,
"What?"

The brunette elaborated,
"I mean you barely reach Ray's shoulder so-"

"Not my problem he is a tree," she bit back, finding the topic not very compulsive.

Cislo perked up suddenly,
"Wait, I just noticed but Boss is only taller than Emma."

"I am not that short! Now move it!" she snapped and trotted forward, beside the demon who was envying their bond.

Everyone struggled to keep in their laughs, seeing their leader hide her embarassment.

The Lambda group had seen just how much she had grown. From being extremely cold and closed off, she had loosened up a bit. She put a halt to her obsession with only doing things that were necessary. She started to live a little. They couldn't exactly point at the exact episode that had changed her. But they definitely knew that her notion had been substituted considerably.

~Time Skip~

A woman set cups of tea and snacks in front of the exhausted group that slouched on the couch.

Y/n received the ceramic cup gratefully, mumbling,
"Thank you."

Ray nodded his head, expressing his gratitude to their hospitality. Soon after, they had begun to feed themselves to recharge their batteries.

"You can freshen up in the washroom that's towards the left. If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know," the same lady offered a kind smile.

In the blink of any eye, Barbara and Cislo were testing out the new weapons in the backyard. Emma and Norman decided to supervise them in case they made any imbecile decisions, chatting while doing so.

Y/n had taken upon herself to freshen up, feeling rather sleepy due to the sedative injection she had taken earlier. Sam remained seated, figuring some issue out on his laptop. Ray's arm rested on the headrest of his seat, various thoughts swirling in his head. He perceived the area for anyone else there. Noticing that no one except the two was in the area, he slowly gathered courage.

He cleared his throat,
"Sam, can we talk?"

The brunette nodded his head,
"Sure, just give me a minute."