Chapter 24: A Kunoichi of The Leaf

Start from the beginning

"It's not bad, Uraraka. You're just being honest and aiming for favorable things like that is fine." Iida explained, robot-chopping.

"Yeah." Deku and I synced and nodded our heads at the same time also.

"It's just that..." Uraraka shared her story.

"...And you Hinata?.."

I flinched.

"W-What...?" I looked at them. I felt my cheeks starting to heat up.

"What's your goal..?" Deku asked again instead of Iida.

"Uhm.. well...I..."

"Young Midoriya!!!" All Might's voice caught our ears. "Wanna have lunch with me?" All Might asked.

Deku accepted All Might's offer. Only the three of us went on to the cafeteria. All Might's entrance gave me an escape from the question. I'm glad.

But... what is it really?...

...what am I doing here...

...

I miss home.

"You're running out of time." Recovery Girl's words rang back in my mind.

"I am feeling a bit weak, but it's not what Recovery Girl probably thinks. There was just an error... that's all. Nothing wrong. Nothing to worry about." I thought.

[Mini-Time Skip]

THIRD-PERSON POV:

They're in line for lunch. Iida and Uraraka chatted together about why All Might invited Deku to lunch. Hinata looked at them as she listened to their conversation.

Across their shoulders, in the distance, Todoroki's face turned towards them, hers. Their eyes met.

Hinata's cheeks and his painted pink coincidental. Hinata smiles faintly and waved hi at him. He exchanges the same gesture, awkwardly.

Suddenly someone grabbed Hinata's hand." Wha? who are-!" she turned to see

"Bakugou?..." She thought.

She struggled to take his hand off of her. Being pulled. She kept going against his way but still end up getting farther away from the others.

"Let... go! Bakugou...!" Hinata exclaims with her soft voice. she doesn't want to cause another scene again in the cafeteria.

He led her to a quiet area, and in a pantry which was closest to where they've been, he pushes her inside and closes the door shut.

"What is wrong with you?!" Hinata shouted freely then.

He suddenly poofed into smoke.

"Hinata, it's me..." a known voice calmed her.

"Neji?!" She assured. It is him. Hinata threw herself to him and hugged him tightly. Neji did likewise. They let go.

"How'd you get here?" A tiny drop fell from Hinata's eye. She wipes it off.

"Transformation Jutsu," he explained, a bit out of breath. The UA uniform he wore a while ago vanished. He's wearing a black coat and grey pants.

"What's wrong Neji? are you not feeling well?" Hinata asked.

"I just ran into a small fight but never mind that," he answered. "Hinata, listen carefully..." he cleared his throat.

"How were you...?" she inserted. "Where are you sleeping right now? Are you cold? Have you eaten? Did you have anything to eat in the past few days? Did you starve? Did-"