you waited carefully for your target to walk into your scope lens; as you saw the man's brunette hair creep into your vision you instantly pulled the cold steel trigger that your finger was ever so taunting.

you watched the bullet destroy a shop window instead of going into your target's head. you furrowed your eyebrows as you moved your gun and saw the brunette man who was supposed to be dead, walking into a dark alleyway of the opposite direction he was walking in before. "..what the hell?" you murmured under your breath as you tried to understand how you could've missed him: you never miss.

⎰𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚.⎱

the loud music continued to gradually fade as people's laughter and yelling grew louder. you watched the old man across the green poker table look at his cards then towards you.

you waited patiently for him to make his move, but you knew that from the cards that were held in your hand you would win this game. his eyes averted to your breasts that sat up perfectly with the tight fitted dress you wore.

"when i win this, you get to treat me, baby." the old man smirked. you used your tongue to move the chewed on toothpick in your mouth towards the left side of your cheek. "you're a confident pervert i see." you said back.

his smile grew bigger as he placed down his two cards in the middle of the table. people surrounding you all ouu'd from seeing that the man placed down two eight heart cards. "come on doll face, let's go to the bathroom." the man spoke.

you sat up straight in your chair, crossing one leg over the other before placing the two cards you had left on the table. more ouu's came from the audience as they noticed you placed down two ten spade cards. "the only place you will go is in debt while i will be on a plane ride to hawaii." you responded to the man.

a smirk grew on your face as you saw the elders face grow into anger that he tried to hold in. "and we have a winner!" the dealer announced. you got up from your seat and began to walk away from the table. "put the money on my card felix." you said to the dealer as you walked past him on your way towards the exit of the building.

you continued to walk out of the casino building. it was a busy night nevertheless in the city, as it always is. you stood close to the edge of the sidewalk waving your hand for a taxi to stop for you.

you felt the vibration of your phone from your clutch purse. you pulled out your phone as a taxi slowed down in front of you. the number that came up on your phone made you roll your eyes in annoyance. the fingertip of your right thumb hit the green answer button on your phone screen as you made your way into the taxi.

"hello hajime." you greeted as you closed the taxi door behind you. "𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑖𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑧𝑢𝑚𝑖 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢. ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑑𝑜 𝑖 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡?" he said back.

"hajime, what are you calling me for? i know for certain it isn't to remind me of your last name." you handed a paper slip of your address to the taxi driver as hajime proceeded to talk to you. "𝑖 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑜𝑖𝑘𝑎𝑤𝑎 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑥 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑. ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙 𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑖𝑔ℎ 𝑠𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟?"

"have you forgotten who is always behind a weapon mr. hajime or do you think you are a god with a million lives?" you responded. "𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑑𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒." he huffed before hanging up the phone quickly.

you rolled your eyes before you placed your phone back into your clutch purse. after a long ride, the taxi had finally arrived at your house, which was located in the far countryside east of japan. you paid before getting out of the car and walking towards your door.

you paused halfway to your house as you heard rustling in the bushes. when you didn't hear anymore you figured it was a small animal that was passing by the bush and proceeded towards your front door.

you got out your keys and placed them in the lock of the door; as you started to turn the keys you could swear someone was trying to sneak up from behind you. you reached back into your purse grabbing a hold of a small pocket knife.

as you started to turn around you were grabbed by the shoulder and your back was pushed into the door. the stranger's left lower arm was above your chest, keeping a firm force on your body as his right hand held a knife to your throat.

your left hand held up your pocket knife to their throat; the sharpened end of the weapon already cutting into their skin, making a stream of blood run down their neck, staining the upper part of their shirt. your eyes went from the strangers throat to their face; you immediately recognized the man.

"give me the person you work for." the brunette demanded.

you showed a small smile, "well hello to you too, toru."

"