"Are you all excited for the potential joint training next week?" I smiled as I took my drink.

"Sensei isn't one to hype stuff up, but I feel like I would've heard more about it if it were a rumor..." Uraraka sipped her drink.

"Midoriya's been doing lots of training in the woods lately, so I'm sure he's pumped." Y/N chuckled.

"You watch me train?!" Midoriya whipped his head over to Y/N.

"No, I ain't a stalker, I just see you always going out there- we go to the same school, you know that, right?" Midoriya visibled calmed down. "Maybe we should go to that new bookstore after this." Y/N thought aloud after Midoriya had turned back to focus on his drink.

"L/N... you talk like we know what you're referring to..." Midoriya laughed.

"It's the one next to that Italian place near the train station." Uraraka was probably the one that told Y/N about the bookstore, so it wasn't  odd that she knew what he was talking about.

"Is it far?" I asked.

"You'll see!" Y/N grinned.

The bookstore was crowded, and we decided to look around on our own since it would be hard to navigate the store in a group without ending up getting stuck because of how many people were already in the store.

I was walking down the aisles, nothing in particular that I wanted. The shelves were tall and made of metal, the books were all organized neatly, the floor was covered with an emerald carpet. I saw Y/N in the 'Foreign Authors' section. He had two books tucked under his arm, and was looking at a small piece of paper.

"Hello, Y/N." I waved as I walked over to him.

He nodded towards me and put the paper in his pocket.

"What did the note say?" I asked him.

"Ah, it's nothing. Some girl just gave me her number." He chuckled, a smirk on his face.

"Are you going to call her back?" I chuckled, too.

"We'll see." He turned his attention towards my hands, which were at my sides. "Not getting anything?"

"I didn't see anything I would have wanted to buy." I shrugged. Y/N has seemed off for the past few days, but today he seems much calmer, more relaxed. I'm glad he's doing well.

___

[L/N Y/N]

__

After another three hours, we were back at UA. I was sitting at my desk. The man that I assume is All For One asked me to get a book from the bookstore we went to. It was a specific book in a specific place. He described a book, and told me to go to the 'Foreign Authors' section. He asked me to get a specific book in the lowest shelf with a light green pencil marking across the spine. When I opened it, a small piece of paper fell out, and all of the pages in the book were blank. It was also cheaper than the other copies, but the cashier didn't bat an eye.

The note said 'I'll have someone give you the terms of our deal soon.' It probably meant how I'm going to pay him back. I don't remember much about him, but he was always nice to me. Shigaraki on the other hand, I could tell AFO was using him- he was a vulnerable little kid with a powerful quirk. I doubt he's really going to be AFO's successor, AFO wouldn't' have focused on making him so angry then say 'Oh, I guess that project failed, I better move to the next' like it was for nothing. Maybe the reason he's trying to make Shigaraki nothing but angry is so his quirk can grow into an insanely powerful one. He probably has more in store for Shigaraki... I'm hoping it isn't too bad, like taking his quirk and casting him aside. Plus, AFO is in no condition to do that, he has to rely on a couple of tubes to survive, he isn't going to all of a sudden get rid of his muscle.

I threw the note in my trash can and walked out onto my balcony. It was cold out, and a little windy. It was late, but I could see a couple people walking around outside. I rested my chin on the railing and sighed.

There's a good chance I'm going to be used.

There's a good chance those videos were sent with the intention of showing me that he knows a lot about me and the people around me, rather than wanting to reveal 'bad things' in order to make me switch sides. There's a good chance that he could just want to use me to get intel on UA or use me to manipulate Shigaraki or something. There's a small, tiny chance that he wants me to be the closest thing to a real successor because he could be just using Shigaraki for his quirk.

If bring two people, Boy A and Boy B, to a party, and my friend offers them a pill without telling them what it is, who will take it? Boy A, who lived his whole life as an obedient son who only focused on his studies and was never exposed to things like sex, drugs, or power. It's his first time at a party and his parents never taught him how to be safe with sex, drugs, or alcohol. Or Boy B, who has gone to numerous parties, done drugs, had sex, and all of the 'bad' things Boy A's parents wouldn't think of mentioning to their son. It isn't his first time at a party and he's learned a lot over the years about sex, drugs, and power.

The answer is Boy A. First, he wouldn't be there if he was trying to be an obedient son, he would be there because he wanted to see the world. Which means he'll try to fit in. He, unlike Boy B, hasn't learned first hand (or at all, because his parents never warned him about it) about how dangerous people and pills can be. He would be too caught up on the excitement of being at a party to think '...what if this kills me?' Boy A would end up going crazy because it's his first party and he wants to try out all of the things his parents never even told him about. Boy A will crash and burn because of the naivety his parents forced upon him. They raised him to be one thing, the obedient son, and that's why he was destined to be the one to take that pill from the moment he was born.

Boy A is probably Shigaraki. He was raised to be angry, nothing but angry. AFO is smart, he wouldn't just do that for nothing. Which is why he's most likely only taking care of Shigaraki so his quirk can develop into something unstoppable. But he's probably going to steal it.

I guess I am Boy B, and I guess 'the pill' is AFO's help. Shigaraki was a little kid that didn't know any better. Even after I learned my uncle died, I always felt the need to distance myself from AFO.

He probably wants to make a deal rather than manipulating me into joining him because I have the ability to think for myself whether I want to take that pill or not. So, he probably isn't using me for my quirk, he can't turn magically turn me into Boy A. Maybe he wants my connections? Or information? Or maybe he does want to use me for my quirk? I won't know until he sends someone to give me his terms.

I hope I don't have to wait long.