I chuckle, "It's okay, Nariah. Now I know why you weren't as interested in me when we first met—it was like to didn't care about who I am."

"Well, I don't." She says and I examine her, she then realizes what she said. "Not like that. I mean I don't care about who you are in the public. You are just a normal guy who happens to be a legend and my boss. That's all."

"That's a good way of putting it. I appreciate that." I truly did. "Now what are you learning? Hmm?"

"I got a few records of yours after I got the job and I decided to take a listen and I have to say that I'm so upset that I'm just doing so now." She pouts innocently and starts cracking eggs into the bowl. "The only albums I knew of were Controversy, Purple Rain, and Sign 'O' The Times."

"Well, I hope you are enjoying this learning experience."

Nariah nods her head happily. "Oh, I am. I'm currently listening to the 'Batman' album a lot lately. 'Electric Chair' stays on repeat, it's my new favorite right now." She peeks over at me and grins, "But now I know that you have a new album out, I have to pick that up this week."

My head begins to think about how I will just get her a copy, I'll make sure to have it for her by the end of today. I help myself to get some water and sat back in my spot waiting and watching Nariah prepare my meal. Hopefully, I'm not making her nervous by being in here—I do the same thing to Charlie but he's been around for years so he knows my routine.

Observing the way she chops all of the vegetables and whips up the egg mixture. Nariah moves at supersonic speed when she's in the kitchen and fifteen minutes later I have a plate.

"Thank you."

Nariah hands me a napkin with a knife and fork, "No problem, enjoy."

And boy did I enjoy it...

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·
—𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐡—

BEING AROUND HIM IS MAGIC. I can't deny that because each time I get to be in the same around as Prince—my body gets chills but in a good way. At first, I was scared to be around him since I didn't know how celebrities treat their employees, I've heard bad things but Prince is a cool guy.

I've been here for almost three weeks, made a few friends and I love being here but I like to stay to myself. Since Prince doesn't eat on a regular schedule, I have a lot of time to get organized whenever he needs something and I have the opportunity to work on homework. Truthfully, I thought this job would be tougher but so far I've been getting along pretty well.

"Chef Girl Nariah, what's going on?" The voice of Courtney startles me slightly as I was putting up some dishes.

"Nice name." I shake my head and smile over in her direction, turning around I see her waving a CD case. "I was just putting up some dishes, what's going on?"

She walks over, "Prince told me to bring this down to you." Courtney hands me his CD. There he was on the cover but his back his facing me as it's an orange hue around him and the number, '3121' is on his jacket. "Here ya go."

"I told him that I would get it on my own." I laugh, Courtney takes a seat and I observe the CD. "I'm guessing he told you."

"Yes, and he seems happier that you don't know much of his music. You've started something now." She rests her arms on the counter and chuckles.