Homecoming, I'm Coming, My Sweet Mistake

"Did you hear about the lesbian homecoming queens?"

Somehow Madison's mom found out about the lesbian homecoming queens. This scared Madison half to death since she wasn't about to fake come out to her mom. Even if she did fake come out, her mother's views were a little...old-fashioned.

Of course, I heard of them, I'm one of them.

"I mean, I don't see how they could do this kind of thing. I knew your school was hip but I didn't think they would pull a stunt like this," Her mother complained while washing the dishes. She kept angrily cleaning until the toast popped up and she plated it in front of Madison, "At least it's not my daughter."

Surprise mother, it is.

Meanwhile, Zoe was living a much better life than Madison. Before school even started, she and Kyle snuck into the engineering room to have a quick makeout session. After their almost-kiss a week ago, they started sneaking off into the classroom.

"Are you sure your girlfriend is okay with this?" Kyle said in between kisses.

Zoe smiled, and gave him another peck before speaking, "It's an open relationship, and plus im gay."

That's all Kyle needed to hear to keep this thing going. They kept kissing until the bell rang and school started.

After school, Madison invited Zoe over to talk about her mom but before the conversation could even start, Zoe started talking about her and Kyle's relationship.

"It's so hot sneaking around like that and he's totally into kissing me," Zoe gushed. Madison was happy her best friend is happy but it's kind of annoying that all she wants to talk about is Kyle now and days.

Madison sighed as she flopped onto her bed, "Yeah well guys are gross and we don't need them."

Zoe laughed and laid down next to her. "I need him," she dramatically whined.

"Well kiss him as much as you want, god knows you need the practice," Madison jabbed and rolled over so she was facing away.

Zoe frowned and playfully hit her, "Was I really that bad of a kisser?"

Right then Madison's mom barged in with a laundry basket, "Madison- Oh Zoes here, what are you two doing?"

"Hey Miss Montgomery," Zoe waved.

Madison sat up right away. "Just talking about the boys we're bringing to homecoming," she explained. If Madison's mom knew about her and Zoe she might actually get disowned. Zoe eyed her weirdly but decided to ask her about it after her mom left.

Miss Montgomery let out a high-pitched squeak, to say she was happy would be an understatement. "A BOY!? Madison, you never told me about any boys. Before you go to the dance you need to bring him over so I can take pictures!"

They both smiled back, Madison panicked though. Why did I say I had a date... she cried internally.

Madison's mom cheered one more time before leaving, they both watched her close the door and right away Madison's face went into the pillow so her scream could be muffled.

Zoe patted her back to comfort her, "You haven't told your mom about us?" Zoe's parents found out about the lesbian homecoming queens, she told them that she was one of them. They were over the moon, more supportive than she expected.                    

"Why would I tell my mom? We're gonna break up after homecoming and plus she would kill me if she knew," Madison said with her voice still being muffled into the pillow.