Chapter 6 - Regrets

Start from the beginning

"Katsuki you- you bullied Inko's kid for that long? That's 8 years you brat!"

Hearing Mitsuki's angry tone was nothing new, yet this time it actually left the boy feeling exposed, his instincts instantly making him reel back to protect himself.

He scoffed as he looked to the side, not feeling like making eye contact with anyone. "It's not like I'm the only one though, the whole class is in on it."

"You mean he doesn't have any friends?" The first officer stepped in, his brown eyes assessing the young student before him.

"Yeah, at least not to my knowledge. Those kids who don't bother him would at least laugh or watch as the rest of us push him around.."

His mother had then scolded him to the point where the cops had asked her to calm down so they could continue the questioning. Fuming, Mitsuki had agreed with reluctance, promising that she'd have a talk with him later.

"So," said the male cop, looking warely at the blond woman before averting his attention back on Katsuki. "You and Midoriya talked after school, did he behave any differently from the usual?"

"Yeah," the hothead replied as he met the policeman's gaze. "That's actually why I decided to talk to him."

"He'd been acting weirdly all week and it was getting on my nerves, more jumpy and fidgety than usual; always looking around himself and staring out our classroom window before going home."

The two officers shared a serious look, making it obvious that this was new information to them.

"He also had a panik attack a few days ago while we were eating lunch, though, I was never told what caused it." Bakugo leaned back as he stuffed his shaky hands into his pockets, trying to look as calm as possible.

"Interesting.." The policewoman mumbled as she wrote down his statement on a small notepad.

"Anyway, I decided to ask him about it after school, though it wasn't the first time I had seen him like this. Back when we were younger he kinda acted like this when his dad came and visited, so I just thought Hisashi was back and that Deku- I mean.."

Katsuki huffed, "That Midoriya was avoiding him."

"That is a possibility we are looking into, however, in this case it seems highly unlikely." The woman's eyes looked over her notepad, nodding for Katsuki to continue.

"Right," the boy mumbled. "Well, when I confronted Midoriya about his odd behavior, he lied and said it was nothing I should be concerned about."

"We ended up fighting about a completely different topic and ... He ran out crying." To the blond's own surprise he had to swallow before the words would pass his frowning lips. The air feeling much heavier.

"Before leaving, I looked out the same window he had and that's when I saw someone, a guy- I think, all dressed in black with his hood pulled up."

At this, the two officers seemed to perk up, leaning in as if not daring to miss a single word from that point on.

"He was on the phone while he kept checking the school, kinda like he was waiting for someone."

"I..." Katsuki shifted uncomfortably. "I saw him hide behind a corner when Midoriya walked out and.. a moment later that person hurried in the same direction that Midoriya usually takes."

"Did you tell anyone about this?" Asked the male officer, his voice firm as his brows knitted together.

Something close to shame had washed over the blond student as he sat there, feeling the disappointment of his mother rolling off of her like a suffocating perfume.

"... No sir..."

"I take it then, that you didn't find anything odd about this?"

"No I- I did. Trust me I did, I almost followed them myself but.." Bakugo stopped as his own desperate voice reached his ears, hating how pathetic he sounded.

"I was still pissed about something he said so I just ... turned and walked home."

The reality of the the situation became painfully obvious as the last words left his dry tongue, the following silence not helping his reeling thoughts.

"I see.." Said the policeman, leaning back in his seat.

"Do you remember any details about the man you saw?" The other cop smiled sympathetically, changing the subject.

Katsuki had thought hard before describing what details he could, not that it was a lot, but better than nothing he guessed. The two officers had then thanked the young blond for his time, assuring that his information would surely lead them closer to finding his classmate.

The moment the two Bakugos where left alone, an awful argument broke out between them, their angry voices far from the normal yelling their neighbors where used to.

It went so far that the twelve year old found himself crying, something he barely did infront of his parents. Mitsuki, who was still fuming at the though of Inko's kid getting hurt because she herself hadn't taught her own kid better, couldn't help but look at Katsuki and soften.

The guilty look on his face told Mitsuki more than whatever bullshit he tried to cover himself with. Deep down he knew he'd done wrong and now was the time to swallow the bitter pill.

Bakugo blinked, the haze of memories dissolving into the darkness of his room, leaving him more awake than before. He sighed as he shifted in bed, an uncomfortable ache setting into his body while he tried to find a better position.

After rearranging his limbs for what felt like hours, he groaned, dragging himself up into a sitting position. Hunching over with his arms on his knees he let himself search for his phone.

A distraction felt much needed right now.

×××

Meanwhile, in a basement full of filth and stains, sleept a frightened boy, completely unaware of his own future regrets he'd soon fall into.

✖-------------------------------------------------✖

Hello everyone! I know this is short but at least its not late!

I think I've noticed a pattern.. It's suddenly much easier to write in Katsuki's pov and it's also something I can have more fun with.

I really liked how the start came out so hope you didn't find it too boring 😅😂

Anyway, this story now has over 500 reads and I'm so greatful! Thank you so much and if you leave a star or comment it would mean a lot! No pressure tho ❤

As always, here's your cookie :3
✨🍪✨