Chapter 5 - Not enough

Start from the beginning

Two days.

Midoriya felt his stomach churn as the fact slowly sunk in. He'd been gone for two days, two whole days without his mother knowing where he was. Not that he himself knew, but for that split moment he felt more horrified for scaring his mother than the unknown coming his own way.

"So, Midoriya," the young man started, the annoyed yet curious voice catching the attention of the student in question. "I'm actually quite surprised you never told anyone about me."

His slender fingers traveled up to his throat, scratching lightly before stopping to remove the hand covering his face, placing it somewhere to the side.

"Clearly you're observant enough to have felt me watching you all week. What, with all that squirming you've been doing, it's obvious."

A small chill ran down Izuku's spine as the kidnapper confirmed what he had already figured out. Hearing the other admit it so casually however, was more than unnerving.

"But then again," the scratchy voice now filled with amusement said as the owner's eyes studied the younger. "Maybe you did tell someone? Only they didn't care enough about quirkless Izuku to actually step in."

Midoriya's eyes grew wide at the gleeful expression on his abductor's face. His heart pounding as the worst vulnerability he's ever felt settled over him like a thick blanket.

The greenette knew for a fact he hadn't told anyone about the unsettling feeling he had sported under the last few days, much to his current regret.

He'd been so goddamn stupid not to tell his mother, even though he was simply trying to save her from worrying about him, he couldn't help but think that he had just made it worse than needed.

"It's almost funny how the world fews the quirkless, even more so when half your class wants to become heros but isn't bothered to even spare a single glance at you when having a pathetic panic attack."

The sudden pang in Midoriya's chest could no longer be ignored as a hurt expression slowly settled upon his face. He didn't want to listen anymore, his mental state already being to low to brush off the familiar conversation.

"No one really cares about you, do they?"

The silence that followed was loud. Uncomfortably so as those dark red orbs studied the smallest of changes in his behavior, as if he could see the inner turmoil going on inside the his hostage.

However, Midoriya's mind instantly shot back to a different pair of crimson eyes, although these belonged to a certain hothead with blond, spiky hair.

"Who are you avoiding?"

"Us? Or someone else?"

Kacchan had noticed, he knew something wasn't right and even voiced his concerns after school that day.. Despite his bully's words, Midoriya knew he cared about him. It may just be a fraction of their old friendship but it hadn't turned to complete hatred, at least that's what Midoriya was hoping right now.

For once in his life, Izuku wholeheartedly prayed that Katsuki knew he'd been lied to and that he was willing to talk to the police. If luck was on his side they would realize the greenette was kidnapped and come closer to rescuing him. That is, if Kacchan actually decides to tell anyone..

Midoriya shook the forming thought out of his head, letting his attention flicker back to the man above him. Not wanting to awnser the question, Midoriya took a shaky breath before he murmured his own;

"What.. What do you want from me?"

The villain stayed quiet, almost contemplating something before finally speaking up. "You'll find out soon enough."