ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ

Start from the beginning

he couldn't remember much from the class trial, it felt like a blur. a hellish, frightening blur. he wasn't over the shock of your death yet. the entire time people were counting on him to solve the case, to speak up, be their hero. how could he be a hero anymore more that he couldn't save y/n?

for most of the class trial he repressed his thoughts, even though it didn't work a lot, it was better then having a panic attack.

he had another nightmare that night, y/n was no longer there to comfort him to sleep. he couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

🔭Kaito🔭

he'd been keeping an eye on everyone, he wasn't the smartest, he knew that. though this time he'd been accused of murder, and wasn't allowed to investigate "because he might destroy evidence". that damned Kokichi! all he ever did was lie to the moon and back. while he was watching everyone collect evidence, he kept a bigger eye on Shuichi. he was his best friend after all.

when he saw Shuichi head towards the closet he watched with interest. this long on the roof and nobody opened that thing? he walked towards it himself, interest piqued. and as Shuichi opened it,

"HOLY SHIT!"

he didn't mean to yell, but a body fell out. he looked over Shuichi to see-

y/n?

no that doesn't make sense, they were guarding the other body.

then, why were they so realistic?

no. he refused to believe it. not even an hour ago they were talking. y/n was fine. so this couldn't of had happened. Shuichi seemed to overcome the panic of having a body at your feet. though it was obvious he was on edge, but still in detective mode he investigated the body, not too far to overstep any boundaries though.

wait.

when did everyone else get here?

why did they look so sad? y/n isn't dead. before he got logged out they were talking like friends.

friends. god he hated that word. he knew that it was a bad idea, but he was going to confess to them on the roof. that's why he invited them on the roof. he wimped out though, as soon as y/n said hello after coming onto the roof he knew he couldn't risk their friendship.

though suddenly when he was logged out, he decided to take a nap after that. the stress from almost confessing was enough to make him tired, i mean, wouldnt that make anyone tired?

Shuichi walked up to him, and he immediately acted like he wasn't just in denial. Shuichi knew better tthough. being honest? he knew most of what Kaitos feeling right now, he lost Kaede, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that he had a crush on her. and it was painfully obvious that Kaito had a crush on y/n, well to Shuichi at least. so he tried his best to comfort Kaito, but during this Kaito realized something.

y/ns actually dead.

he failed to protect them like he promised.

he has to come to terms with it. he has to be strong and move on.

so why can't he?

he tried to participate in the class trial, but after being accused of killing y/n, and Gonta being executed, he just couldn't. he was sure that he said some things that definitely came across meaner then he meant. it didn't matter though. he didn't want to talk to Shuichi after executing Gonta, and choosing to side with Kokichi. they were still friends, he just needs space.

he felt sort of numb, going to sleep. like he felt nothing was real.

💚Kiibo💚