Chapter 5

Noticing that Xiao Xingchen wasn't moving, Xue Yang was about to pull away and apologize but didn't get the chance to.

Xiao Xingchen leaned in closely as humanly possible and began to kiss back gently.

Xue Yang was shorter than the man so he jumped up and wrapped his legs around him.

It was their first kiss and Xiao XingChen was extremely gentle with him. He kissed him very gently, lips moving in a calming rhythm.

He carried him to the bed and laid him down gently. He got on top of him and covered them both with the blanket.

He then started kissing his jawline and neck very slowly and gently. He felt Xue Yang squirm underneath him and finally got his senses back and stopped.

"I'm sorry I didn't-" Xiao XingChen got shut up with a gentle kiss. He smiled into the kiss and made sure to control himself this time.

"I love you." Xiao Xingchen told Xue Yang after a couple more minutes of kissing.

"I love you too, so much." Xue Yang had moved to the other side of the bed so Xingchen had a place to lay down and he cuddled into him.

"You know, everything I said was true. I did fall in love with you as soon as we met. And I really do want to protect you and be there for you. Whether you're hurting and need comfort, or if you just need a shoulder to cry on. I'm here." Xiao Xingchen said comfortingly.

"That really means the world to me, thank you. I haven't had a good life. I watched my parents die at 7 years old, and for the past couple months of living on the street I didn't know what I was going to do. You would think a 7 year old wouldn't know what suicide was, but I was about to do it. Until, this very nice man took me in. I felt whole again, like I could actually be happy again. A very good 10 years went by, but when I was 17 he died of lung cancer. At that point of my life, I had nobody and I have been suffering and on my own for 2 years. I'm glad I met you. Now I'm not alone anymore for the time being. I know how most relationships come and go, there has to be a breakup at some point. I just hope, you and I, can stay together for a very long time." Xue Yang said as he snuggled closer at the memories.

"I wish I would have met you sooner. I bless that old man for taking you in and caring for you for that long. And I hope both your parents and him are resting in peace. I won't ever make you feel lonely again, I will stay with you forever." Xiao Xingchen said and kissed his forehead.

"Forever is a long time. Are you ready to spend that much time with me?" Xue Yang chuckled softly.

"I'm always ready. We are going to do so much together. Our future is going to hold so much good times, maybe adopting a kid. I'll love you forever." Xiao Xingchen said.

"I'd love that." Xue Yang said and looked up at him smiling cutely. Xiao Xingchen smiled back and kissed him one more time before they called it a night.

.......................................................

Xue Yang was unconsciously thrashing around in the bed. It seemed he was having a nightmare.

It woke Xiao Xingchen up as Xue Yang accidentally smacked him in the face. What a great way to wake up aye?

He looked over at his now boyfriend and saw he looked a little pale and, was that tears he saw?

He finally wrapped his head around what was going on and gasped in realization. He gently but forcefully shook Xue Yang awake.

"Xue Yang wake up! You're having a nightmare!" Xiao Xingchen said as he desperately tried to wake him up.

Xue Yang woke up with a scream and jolted up right and was now curling into himself like he always had done in these types of situations.

Xiao Xingchen got up immediately and wrapped him in hug. Whispering sweet words in his ear and gently rubbing his fingers through his hair.

Xue Yang breathed out a shaky breath and Xiao Xingchen squeezed his hand gently.

"I'm sorry." Xue Yang said with a small whimper to his voice. He was scared and felt guilty of waking Xiao Xingchen up.

"You don't have to apologize for anything, you're ok. It's all gonna be ok. I'm here." Xiao Xingchen said and lightly kissed his temple.

"You really are the sweetest person I've ever met. What would I do without you?" Xue Yang lifted his head up from his arms and grabbed hold of Xiao XingChen's face gently.

"Anything for you darling." Xiao Xingchen said and leaned his forehead on Xue Yang's.

Xue Yang gently caught Xiao XingChen's lips and laid them both down gently.

The night ended up them laying next to each other and both kissing gently. What a great night for both of them.