Chapter 3

What was he going to do! This already looked very bad, and with the rumors going on, Xue Yang had no idea what he was going to do.

"Hey!" Yelled one of the people. Xue Yang almost jumped out of his skin at how loud and icy this guys voice was.

He had to say something.

"I promise, this isn't what it looks like." Xue Yang tried to reason with them but the guy who called out to him wasn't convinced.

"Oh yeah? Well to me this is exactly what it looks like. We know all about you Xue Yang, don't try to act all innocent!" The guy continued to yell.

"I didn't kill them I swear! Please you have to listen to me!" Xue Yang said.

"You-" He was cut off by two more figures that came in unexpectedly. Xue Yang started to look relieved, they both looked reliable.

One in all white, and one in all black. They both looked handsome, Xue Yang just thought the one in white was a lot more cute.

The one in black pulled out his sword and pointed it at him. Xue Yang instantly flinched. The one in white, however, got mad at his friend.

"Song Lan! What the hell are you doing!" The white one said to his friend. The thing was, he rarely called his friend Song Lan, he would always call him Zichen.

"Xingchen, do you not know who this person is? He has killed hundreds of people!" Song Lan replied back.

"We've encountered many murderers in our time spent together, he doesn't seem like the type to kill anyone! Also, if you guys actually listened to him you might know a little more about him!" Xiao Xingchen looked back and had an icy glare to the people behind them.

Seeing that Song Lan wouldn't take his sword away, Xiao Xingchen reached for his and basically smacked Song Lan's sword out of his hands.

He walked up gently to the young adult with a warm smile. He gently grabbed the sword out of Xue Yang's hand and put it down on the ground.

"Are you ok? I apologize for my friend here, he's usually a nice guy. Don't be scared, I won't hurt you. My name is Xiao Xingchen, may I know yours?" Xiao Xingchen asked sweetly.

"X-Xue Yang. Please I didn't do this. Let me explain myself." Xue Yang looked up into Xiao Xingchen's eyes.

"Ok Xue Yang, I believe you. I will let you explain...." Xiao Xingchen's voice trailed off as he saw the hand marks on Xue Yang's neck where he has been strangled.

He reached out his hand to gently touch the hand marks and he could feel his heart tightening in pain.

"You're hurt. Who did this to you? I'll make them pay for hurting an innocent man." Xiao Xingchen said in an almost possessive manner.

"Don't worry, I already handed it. I didn't know what else to do at the moment when I was being strangled. So I..." Xue Yang was hesitant at telling him.

"Xue Yang, it's ok. Please tell me what you did. I won't be mad." Xiao Xingchen said in a very gentle tone.

"I killed him. Now don't take this the wrong way, everything you've heard about me is all fake. I didn't want to kill anyone, I was just defending myself. I know what I did was wrong but-" Xue Yang was cut off.

Xiao Xingchen pulled his new found friend into a hug. He smiled when he felt the man relax in his arms. He gently ran his fingers through his hair.

"It's ok. I know you didn't want to kill him just by seeing the way your body and face movements were. And you were defending yourself, that's perfectly reasonable. You're safe now." Xiao Xingchen said.

Xue Yang honestly wanted to cry. This man only knew him for 5 minutes yet he was treating him so gently.

Xue Yang then passed out, right in Xiao XingChen's arms.

..........................................................

Xue Yang woke up in a soft surface. It was very comfortable and he felt at home. He hasn't slept in a proper bed in 2 years.

He sat up and stretched. He noticed that his clothes were also changed into something more comfortable, he then blushed at the fact that someone had changed him.

Xiao XingChen walked into the room and he felt so relieved when he saw Xue Yang awake.

"You're awake, thank god. You had me worried back there. Also if you're wondering, yes I did change your clothes. Your previous clothes didn't look so comfortable and were worn out so I gave you new ones." Xiao XingChen said with a calming and sweet voice.

"Thank you, for everything." Xue Yang said.

"There's no need to thank me. I was just wanting to protect you, that's all." Xiao XingChen said.

"But you don't even know me. Also I'm sure you have heard all the bad things that were rumored about me. And they are rumors, I can promise you that." Xue Yang said looking into Xiao XingChen's pretty brown eyes.

"I don't need to know you to know that you're a good person. And if someone was really that fucked up in the head to kill anyone, they would have had a totally different reaction than what you had. I don't believe in any of that. I know you're a good person." Xiao XingChen leaned in a little bit to get a closer look, as if he was trying to prove a point.

It only made them both flustered and they looked away shyly. Before anything could get more awkward, they heard a knock on the door.

"XingChen, are you in there?" It was Song Lan.

"I'm in here, Zichen. Don't be too loud. It seems Xue Yang still has a headache." Xiao Xingchen said as he gently ran his fingers through Xue Yang's hair

Xue Yang leaned into his touch. Xiao XingChen giggled a little bit and felt a small blush form on his cheeks.

Song Lan walked into the room and rolled his eyes at the sight. He saw a blushing Xiao Xingchen and Xue Yang leaning into Xiao XingChen's touch.