Chapter 1

Being an orphan was hard. Not knowing whether you were going to be alive the next day would make anyone feel absolutely terrified.

But for Xue Yang, this was his life. No parents to go home to. No way of getting food than to beg on the streets, hoping that some kind soul would give him something to eat.

But who would want to feed an orphan? Being an orphan meant you had no social status, you were merely just useless trash to all of mankind.

Xue Yang was only 7 when both his parents died a couple of months ago. Watching their throats be slit was truly a traumatic scene for a 7 year old boy. Definitely something he would remember for the rest of his damned life.

Now only being 7 years old, he had no idea how his life was going to be like. He had no idea if he would even make it.

.......................................................

A couple of days have passed by and Xue Yang still had no idea what to do. He was about to give up and kill himself with a sharp piece of glass he found behind a dumpster, when a miracle happened.

He felt a light tap on his shoulder and turned around when he found a man who looked to be in his 60s crouching down behind him.

"Hey there little guy, you look a little lost. Where are your parents?" The old man asked him.

Xue Yang dropped the piece of glass in his hand which shattered to pieces and began to cry.

"M-mommy and daddy are gone. They're not coming back, they're in a better place now." He cried even harder as the scenes of his parents dying flashed through his mind.

The old man took in what he said when he finally came to a realization. This poor boy didn't have parents anymore, they were dead.

The old mans heart broke into pieces just like the piece of glass that Xue Yang was planning to kill himself with had.

He couldn't just leave him here, this was a child for crying out loud! He then did the most wholesome thing that would take a toll on both their lives.

You see, this man had a son. He loved his son just like any father would love their child. He was a single dad and had been ever since his wife died after childbirth.

Unfortunately, his son died at the young age of 23. They didn't belong to any clan. They were just mere mediocre people.

The death of his son had caused the man to go in pure isolation for the next year. Who knew that the day he would come out of isolation, he would find this small innocent child.

"Hey buddy, how would you like to come home with me? I just lost someone to, maybe we can try to fill in that whole together?" The old man had asked him.

Xue Yang's eyes had went wide and his tears stopped but then started again. He jumped in the mans arms almost knocking him over.

Has Xue Yang finally found someone to go to? Is he finally free from this life he has been living for the past couple of months? Was he finally safe?

The answer to all of that was, yes.

The old man had gently picked him up and had taken him to his home. Or should I say, their home.

Xue Yang was happy, he had someone to finally care for him and treat him as they're own child.

But unfortunately for Xue Yang, bad luck seemed to follow him, and that happiness would not last long.

.........................................................
10 years have passed and Xue Yang was now 17. He had been living with the man who took him in for 10 whole years.

The man was 70 now and had started to notice his health was getting worse and worse.

He would always have severe coughing fits that led to him coughing up blood.

He decided it was time to go to one of the best doctors he knew. She lived in the Wen Clan and had two children. An older daughter and a younger son.

He had went and came back a couple of hours later with tears in his eyes. Thankfully, Xue Yang wasn't home to see him like this.

The old man had been told that he has severe lung cancer and only has a couple days to live. How the hell is he going to tell Xue Yang?

A couple days went by and Xue Yang had come home from shopping. On his way, he had noticed some weird glances and people talking about him.

He didn't understand what they were talking about but he heard people say that he has murdered people.

What? He didn't murder anyone.

He decided to let it go and not make a big deal about it. He came home and opened the door.

"Papa, I'm home! I got the medicine you wanted. You wouldn't believe the talk going around on the streets. They were talking about random stuff about me! Saying I murdered people and some shit. Can you believe that?" Xue Yang skipped through the halls putting the medicine for his father's lung cancer on the counter.

Xue Yang had heard about the lung cancer and was absolutely devastated when his papa told him he only had a few days left to live.

He wanted to cry every day, but he didn't. He had to be strong for his papa and take care of him the best he could. Care for him until his final breath.

Xue Yang noticed that his papa hadn't responded to him like he usually did and started to panic. He immediately ran to his papa's bedroom just for his heart to fall into the very depths of his stomach.

There was his papa, lying on his bed with his eyes closed. Xue Yang ran to his side and checked his pulse.

It wasn't there. He had also noticed that he wasn't breathing. He was dead.

Tears filled Xue Yang's eyes and for the first time in 10 years, the flashes of his parents deaths flashed in his eyes.

Xue Yang was panicking. He is breathing uneasily and his tears clouded his vision.

He ran. He ran out of the house and kept running until he couldn't run anymore.

He didn't know where he was at. Had absolutely no clue. He seemed to be alone somewhere. He did the only thing he was capable of doing.

He screamed as loud as he could.