The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx

Start from the beginning

He had to be the best looking man I'd ever seen - with a face to rival Adonis himself. Yet he did look oddly familiar ... He settled me on my feet and if I was anyone but myself I would've swooned, but Ali Marx doesn't do swooning. Or anything remotely related to or hinting towards helplessness/girliness.

"Well hello sexy, when my Mom asked for me to come meet the new neighbours - I didn't think an Angel would drop from the sky on the way over." He smirked. Did he just refer to me as sexy? What did I tell you? - Jackass. My douchebag radar had never failed me before and the one time I had ignored it, well lets just say things didn't end very well for anybody. Too bad his tactics wouldn't work on me. He was very like Jared ...

Rolling my eyes, I boldly declared, "Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain that's a staircase - not the sky." I started towards the kitchen, smirking, that is until I felt a restraining hand on my shoulder. I sighed and turned around.

"What?" I spat exasperatedly. He looked a little taken aback for a moment, but then that smirk returned to his face ... those big ... soft lips ... FOCUS Ali. He noticed my staring and his smirk became more pronounced, stepping forward and sliding his hands from my shoulders, down to my waist and finally into the back pockets of my sweats. Just because he had been sculpted by a team of Greek Goddesses didn't mean he has a free pass to do whatever he wanted, and get anything he wanted.

"Don't I get a reward for saving you? A little thank you maybe." He pulled me forward to press me against him, and as disgusted as I was, I decided to play along, to see how far he was going to take this overly-confident fueled charade, whilst thinking of the many different ways I could cause mortification on his part and possible bodily harm if his hands moved any further south.

"Hmmm, depends what you want ..." I whispered coyly, placing one hand on his chest, sliding it inside his leather jacket, I noticed he was wearing a Hollywood Undead T-shirt. At least the ass had taste. I heard his breathing falter slightly and he looked down at my hand for a second, his confident smirk fading, only to be replaced by the smug version a second later.

"How about a little kiss? And you know I have a king-size bed - maybe I could show it to you sometime." He whispered. I nodded, smiling.

"Close your eyes ... and give me your hand ..." He obeyed eagerly enough, closing his eyes and pulling his left hand from my back pocket, shoving it out to me. I turned it face up and placed one of the chocolates from my pocket in it, curling his fingers around it. Then I leaned up and whispered seductively in his ear.

"There you go, one Chocolate Kiss, I know what a king-size bed looks like, I've got my own - thanks for catching me." His eyes flew open and he looked down at the chocolate in his hand. I winked, yanking his other hand from my pocket before placing both of my hands on his chest and shoving him away from me as hard as I could, causing him to hit the banisters of the stairs.

"And don't ever touch my ass again!" I growled at him before picking up my surprisingly undamaged phone and leaving him dumbstruck, clutching his Chocolate kiss.

An unfamiliar woman was chatting and laughing with my Mom in the kitchen. I was happy to see my Mom laughing again. It was a big turn-around from her usual sincere and sombre self.