Part One: Arriving

I was sitting in my plane seat looking across the expanse of sky below me. The thoughts of the past month started replaying anew my head. The letter first arriving, the context of it, the packing, and the leaving of my old life behind. It was starting to catch up to me. I know that I should be sleeping, but I can't. Just a month after the letter arrived with it's international packaging and all. Saying goodbye to my old life was hard. Leaving school, my friends, and family. The last thing I was worried about before the letter was when my friends and I would hang out again. Moving to a new country for your sophomore years is hard. Not just the fact that it's high school, but that it's also in another country? There's no easy way to go about it. I turned my music up, an attempt to drown out my thoughts.

I wake up to the jostling of the plane as it lands. The other girls are still asleep, but it won't be for long. I gather my stuff up as the plane slows to a halt. The other girls' eyes start to flutter open as they come to consciousness. I held my book in my hand, waiting for the girls' request, and the plane to fully stop. We exited the plane and I was bombarded with their requests. "Can you get rid of the bags under my eyes, or my acne?" We're the main requests. I clutched my book in hand, and started my work.

When I had finished, we headed to our dorms, but we had to take the bus to get to campus. Some of the girls tried to make small talk with me. Most likely to get a favor, but the interactions were better than silence. After a few started talking to me the rest joined in. There were about fourteen cheerleaders on the bus. Most were blonde, but there were also a few with brown, black, and red. I was the only student. They're all going back to the U.S. This is like a vacation for them.

The bus started to pull into the school, and everything got quiet. A pin would have sounded like an explosion. We pulled up to a three story building, the cheerleaders' dorms. I sat in the bus waiting till they had all unloaded. The bus started on to another building that was much bigger that the on the cheerleaders were staying at. As the bus halted with a screech, some people started to filing out of the building. The first thing I saw was the slicked back black, blue hair of a male barreling towards me. "Hello?" I asked, as he skidded to a stop.

  "Good afternoon," he answered back, his hands making signs. I automatically knew who he was. "I'm Tenya Iida, class 1-A rep. You must be the exchange student?"

"Yes," I laughed out, "the name's y/n."

"We will be sure that you are comfortable. If you need anything, just ask."

"Thank you" I turned around to grab my bags and saw some of the other students had come to help. "Do you know where my room is, and are you just going to stand there and stare me or are you going to help?" They all giggled a little at that.

We started up the stairs to the girls' side of the dorms. My room was bare. They all started to file in and place my bags in the corner. The room was a little bigger than mine at home, but with the stuff in the corner it looked smaller. I didn't bring that much, mainly because I couldn't bring that much with me. I saw the green head of a boy pop out and ask, "uh, Do..do you need any help?"

"No thank you, I think I can manage. I'll come down to the common room when I'm done." I said.

  "Ok," everyone replied in unison.

About an hour later, I finished unpacking. I got my air mattress and shelf set up with everything else organized around the room. I grabbed my phone, and walked down to the common area. I saw everyone in their little groups. I brought my phone down to start a group chat with my new class and if they needed anything from me. I walked down and above everyone called, "Ok children, I need you numbers for a group chat or if you need me for anything." Everyone looked a little startled by my openness. "Don't tell me you don't have a number because I know y'all have phones."