You are my only one

*3 years later*

Nurse: Dr. Park! Please follow me! We have just gotten a critically injured patient in our ICU!

I took my stethoscope around my neck and quickly ran out of my office, following the nurse to the ICU room. It has been three years since Jungeun and I have arrived in South Korea. First, it was hard to adjust to the language and culture but luckily our bodies still remember and we were available to adjust within a few months.

Jahoon: Increase the air pressure and prepare the defibrillators.

I got on top of the patient and began pumping his heart with my hands. Even though that it has been a long time since Jinsoul and I have broken up and that I even got married, up to this day Jinsoul has never tried to stop trying to make things between us work again.

Nurse: The defibrillators are ready Dr. Park.

Jahoon: Give them to me. Everyone, please move a bit away. I will shock in three, two, one!

I placed the defibrillators on the patient's chest and shock them. Somehow I didn't felt angry or upset at all at Jinsoul's attempts. I still love Jungeun with all my heart and I'm sure she is the only one for me, so is making me confused as to why I don't feel any kind of hatred towards Jinsoul.

Jahoon: Increase the power to level 5 on the defibrillators, please.

Nurse: It's ready Dr. Park.

Jahoon: I will shocking in three, two, one!

Maybe it is because I haven't spent time with Jungeun lately? Being a doctor means that you have to work almost every day and for many hours. There are not many free days, and it is almost few to none for popular doctors like me. Doctors, who have a high success rate, are highly requested by a lot of rich patients and because the money-greedy hospital owners want the rich people's money, they will do anything to fulfill the patients' request. Even to the point of threatening. I have been a no exemption.

Jahoon: The patient's heart is beginning to beat again. Please move her to the surgery room and begin to prepare for surgery.

Nurse team: Yes, doctor!

I got off the patient and quickly ran over to the surgery lockers, where I took of my coat and put on the surgery gears. But even though that I haven't been to any exemption, I was still available to make a lot of times to be with Jungeun, in which she had been happy at first but lately, she has seemed like she has gotten disinterested in me? It could maybe also just be my own wild vivid imagining as an aftereffect of getting too exhausted.

Jahoon: Please give me the scalpel.

I took the scalpel from the nurse and we began the surgery. I feel very sorry for Jungeun like I have been a really bad wife to her by not giving her enough time. I should make it up for her! Yes, that it! Luckily I have some free days after today. I would be available to somehow make it up for her. I will take her on the most romantic date ever.

Jahoon: Alright, that was the last stitch and we are done! Please move the patient to room 216 for recovery.

I walked out of the surgery room after removing the surgery gown and talked to the devasted family members of my patient. I told them everything went well and that nothing seemed to be worried about. They thanked me and then left to visit their family. I placed my hands in my pockets and smiled at the sight of them leaving. It's because of these moments, that I'm still continuing to be a doctor. How it warms my heart so much to see the happy family members visiting their relative after a successful surgery but also how I'm where available to save another human's life. Suddenly an arm forcefully wrapped itself around my neck. I looked angry to my right to see Sooyoung standing by my side. Yes.... The exact same Sooyoung, that Jinsoul cheated on me with. It looks like the world is against me.

Around one year after I arrived at the hospital, Sooyoung arrived. Right after that, she had been bothering me ever since and would never stop talking about the time she and Jinosul were together. Whenever I'm in a good mood, she would always ruin it soon after. What is even more frustrating is that because Sooyoung is still a newly graduated doctor, she has to have a mentor with her.... Yes, that happened to be me.... No matter what I did, I couldn't get her off me. Either I had to bear it or I would have to quit my job, that what my boss told me.

Sooyoung: Looks like someone is in an emotional state. Another successful surgery, senior team leader?

I gritted my teeth and threw her arm off me. I stepped away from her and glared at her, while she looked at me with a smirk on her face.

Jahoon: Get off me. You should know your position. You are only a little higher position than an intern, meanwhile, I am your team leader and am in a much higher position than you. Now get away from me, I have much to do compared to someone else.

I walked away from her and into my office. I sat down in my chair and ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

Jahoon: Why does she always have to ruin my mood? Why does she always try to make my life miserable?

While I was still in my frustrated mood, my phone suddenly rang. I was about to throw my phone against the wall but since it was the only phone I had on me today because I decided not to take my spare phone with me, I had to answer it.

Jahoon: What do you want?!

???: Such a way to answer your phone, my dear friend.

Jahoon: I'm sorry Seungmin, I didn't mean to get angry at you.

Seungmin: Is Sooyoung bothering you again?

Seungmin and I are old childhood friends. We met each other while we still were in kindergarten and have been friends ever since. We followed each other to the same school and even into the same university and both became a doctor. I became a surgical doctor, meanwhile, he became a primary care doctor. We both worked at the same hospital but because he was at the other end of our big hospital, the only for us to really communicate with each other is through the phone or if we visited each other when we got off work.

Jahoon: You know me well...

Seungmin: My poor friend, maybe this information I have for you will cheer you up.

Jahoon: Sooyoung has ruined my mood to the point, that whatever else would be available to lift my mood.

Seungmin: This will get you thrilled to the point, that you wouldn't be thinking of anything else the whole day.

Jahoon: Come on, just tell me instead of talking in puzzles.

Seungmin: Alright alright. I just saw your dear wife walk into our prenatal office. (A/N: Just pretend that women can get other women pregnant in this story.)

I sat straight up in my chair. The prenatal office? Does that mean?

Jahoon: You sure that was Jungeun? You aren't just trying to cheer me up, right?

Seungmin: I knew that you would doubt me, that is why I took a picture. Try to look at the picture I'm sending you now.

I looked at our chat message and clicked on the picture. He was right. It was really Jungeun but what is she doing at the prenatal office? Don't tell me, that I'm going to become a mom?

Jahoon: You are right. It is really her.

Seungmin: What did I tell you. Congratulations Hoonie! Congrats on becoming a mother! After Jungeun gives birth, come and visit me and Hyunjin, then our little Jeongin will have a friend.

Jahoon: Of course! They will become childhood friends, just like us. I can't believe how old we have gotten, especially you.

Seungmin: Hey watch it! I'm only a year older than you. By the way, I have to go now, I have a patient visiting in five minutes. Congrats again on becoming a mother!

Jahoon: Thank you! Let's spend some time together soon!

As soon as I hung up the call, I spun in my chair with a big smile on my face. I'm going to become a mother... I'm going to become a mother.... It feels too good to be true. I got on my phone again and ordered some flowers and chocolate to pick up after work before I walked on my routine to check up on my patients. I'm going to surprise her with it, as a thank you but I will act like I don't know anything about it. We are going to be a happy family.