Chapter 6

As soon as I tell the girls to help We hide and I hear gray counting.

“24, 50. We need more.” He says to me and I furrow my eyebrows.

“More what?” I ask.

“Teeth. We need more teeth.” He says and I nod, grabbing a walkie strapping it to my belt and grabbing some road flares in my hand turning to Claire and the boys.

“Okay, so you just wait here. It's gonna be fine.” I say and run toward River and Shadows Paddock. I put the flares in the pocket of Zack's hoodie and grab the walkie.

“Lowery, are you still there?” I ask.

“Hey, where are you?” He asks worriedly.

“I need you to open Paddock 9.” I tell him stopping in front of it.

“Paddock 9? Are you kidding?” He asks and I growl.

“Damn it, Lowery, be a man and do something for once in your life.” I say and throw the walkie and grab a flare.

“Why do you have to make it personal?” He says and I watch the paddock open.

“River, Shadow. I call putting the cap of the flare in my mouth and pulling causing it to light. I spit out the cap and hold the flair in my hand seeing them come to the front. I start to run and feel them follow. I arrive at the fight and throw the flare at Kam and both the new additions fight with her. I stare at Owen from behind River and see them about to crush the building. “Run!” I yell and follow them. I see Kamo about to kill River and scream ‘no’ before I see Blue, Nyx and Hemera show up attacking her and River joins in. “Go! Go, go!” I say as we run through the building we watch as Kamo gets dragged down by the Mosasaurus. I walk up to the girls and boy and sigh. “I'm gonna miss you guys. I pet Nyx and Hemera on the head and kiss their noses telling them They are free to follow blue who will be their new alpha. I kiss river, hugging her, causing her to kiss me. “I'm gonna miss you the most mommas,” I say, hugging her nse again tightly before hugging Shadow. “Gonna miss you too pipsqueak.” I say and hug him as well. I back away and follow Owen to the ferry taking us off the Island.

I sit with Claire and the boys. Gray hugging me and me rubbing Zachs back “My God, it's your parents. It's your parents. Come on, come on.” Claire says and I stand backing away from the family not wanting to intrude.

“Are you okay? Baby.” The mom asks and I rub my missing arm.

“Ya, Kron protected us and got hurt instead.” Gray says and I smile at him. The mom and dad look at me and gasp at my appearance. One armed a huge wound that's stitched on my cheek with blood and dirt all over me with cuts littering my body. The mom walks to me and hugs me.

“Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.” She says and I hug back smiling lightly.

“It's no problem I made a promise to my mum that I would always protect those who need it. As long as they come out safe I'm ok with living like this.” I say looking at the two boys who were hugging. She lets go and I smile at her then at the boys letting her go back to Claire and Walk towards Owen. “So, what do we do now?” I ask, grabbing his hand.

“Probably stick together. For survival.” He says. I stand on my tip toes and kiss him before we walk out.

The end