51.7

(AUGUST POV)

Brian was a little mad that I left the hospital to help but understood why I did it. It's been about 3 weeks since the whole incident. I am about 5 months pregnant, how I hadn't realized I was pregnant until during the incident was beyond me. Brian and I had agreed with Dom since we are having our second child that we would completely leave this life behind. Hobbs had taken Deckard to jail so for now, there was nothing that would stop us from leaving the life. Brian, Jack, Dom, Letty, Rome, Tej, Ramsey and I are now all hanging out at the beach. Jack is digging in the sand while I watch him while walking by the water. I look over and see Jack looking at Brian. I walk up to Jack to see what is up with him.

"Hey, buddy. What's wrong?" I ask him.

"I want to play with, Daddy but he is talking," Jack answers. It makes me happy to see that he has respect for Brian.

"Never mind that right now. Why don't you go get him?" I tell him before he gets up and runs to Brian. Jack jumps into Brian's lap once he reaches him.

"Daddy! Come play," Jack says.

"Yeah. Yeah, buddy," Brian says standing up.

"Duty calls," Dom says.

"It does," Brian agrees with a smile.

"Hey, babe, come on," I tell him with a smile.

"Let's get Mama. Yeah!" Brian says before picking Jack up. "Here we go." Brian then runs towards me while carrying Jack as if he was an airplane. I laugh and let them get me.

(3RD POV)

"Because the sun is out, I'm kind of medium rare, but I can get, like, well done. Like, really dark. What you nudging me for?" Rome asks as Tej nudges him. Everyone is watching how happy Brian, August, and Jack are.

"Close your mouth for two seconds. Just open your eyes, man," Tej answers. Rome looks and a smile comes to his face just like everyone else's.

"Beautiful," Rome says.

"That's where he belongs," Letty says.

"Home. Where he's always belonged," Dom says before standing up.

"Things are gonna be different now," Rome says stating the obvious.

"You aren't going to say goodbye?" Ramsey asks as Dom heads towards the cars.

"It's never goodbye," Dom says before heading to his car and getting in.

(AUGUST POV)

Brian, Jack and I are playing when we hear Dom's engine crank up.

"Where's he going?" I ask.

"Let's find out," Brian says before heading towards his car as we see Dom leave.

"Can you watch Jack for a minute?" I ask Letty and she nods. Brian gets in his car and takes off as I get into mine and do the same.

(DOM POV)

I used to say I lived my life a quarter-mile at a time. And I think that's why we were brothers. Because you did, too.

(AUGUST POV)

We find Dom at an intersection just sitting. Brian pulls up beside him and I pull up beside Brian.

"Hey. You thought you could leave without saying goodbye?" Brian asks with a smile. Dom smiles back. The light turns green and we all take off staying right beside each other. Luckily there was no traffic. Memories pass through my mind as we drive.

The first memory is of:

Mia and I were behind the counter and Dom was in the office. I was reading a new car magazine. Mia was wiping the counter. Then I heard the sound of a truck and I looked up to see none other than Brian. Brian came in with the same magazine I was reading and sat down at the counter.
"Tuna on white, no crust, right?" Mia asks Brian.
"I don't know. How is it?" Brian replies with a smirk. I roll my eyes before going back to looking at my magazine.
"Everyday, for the last three weeks, you've been coming in here, asking how the tuna is. It was crappy yesterday. It was crappy the day before yesterday. And guess what? It hasn't changed." Mia replies now smirking.
"I'll have the tuna," Brian replies.
"No crust?" Mia asks.
"No crust," Brian states. Dom comes out of the office and goes to the cooler to get a beer. When Dom heads back to the office they have a stare off until Dom enters the office.
"What are you reading?" Brian asks me. Mia is done with his sandwich so I get up and bring it to him. While I am standing there I change the page to the car I am looking at.
"That," I answer.
"Thank you" Brian replies and after looking at the magazine he raises his eyebrows in amazement and smiles.