24| mum's the word

✰  ✰  ✰

✰ ✰ ✰

"𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙎𝙊𝙍𝙏 𝙊𝙁 𝙎𝙄𝘾𝙆 𝙅𝙊𝙆𝙀 𝙄𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙎?"

✰ ✰ ✰

"Know each other?" Elle scoffed, looking her up and down as if she didn't know her but the truth was she looked no different from the day she left. "I only know her as the deadbeat mother who left her own children for another man who I'm guessing is him." She said, referring to Mr Bell.

"You know I love you, Jacob and Zac millions, I'm sorry it had to come to this." The girl's mother tried to be sympathetic, placing an arm on her shoulder.

"Don't even try and touch me." The girl flinched away from her mother, with Riz naturally stepping close to her side.

"Come on, let's get you out of this school." Mr Bell said to Zac, removing the pair of them and Mandy from the situation.

"Elle, I'm sorry for all those years ago. Can't we try and make up for all the lost time over the years now?" Claire tried once more to reason with her daughter.

"No, no we can't." The blonde shook her head, trying her hardest to hold back her tears. "Who do you think you are trying to come back into my life all these years later like nothing ever happened?"

"If only you knew what me and your dad we're going through, maybe you'd understand this a little bit more." The woman carried on to explaining, receiving looks from the two teenagers as if to say they were already done with this situation. "I want to step up and be that mum I was all those years ago again."

"From what I know it wasn't enough to run off with a man who turned out to be my PE teacher and start another family, forgetting about the two kids you already had." Elle shook her head, not believing a word Claire had to say for herself. "If anything, I hope Zac has a better upbringing than I had and a mother who wouldn't walk out on him quicker than you could say gone."

"C'mon, Ells." Riz tried to pull her away from the situation before any more damage could be done between the two of them. "Please, before you say something you regret."

"I wasn't finished." She huffed, although she couldn't compete with Riz's stronger grasp which turned and pulled her away, with the two teenagers ready to leave the school grounds together.

"Tell Jacob I dropped by and send him my love." Claire chanced her luck once again as Elle and Riz slowly but surely disappeared out of her sight.

✰ ✰ ✰

"Thanks, Riz. You know you really didn't have to take us out." Jacob kindly thanked his best mate, who had offered to take them out bowling to try and lighten the spirit, with things not exactly going for the pair of them. "You know we both really do appreciate you."