5. Questions

Ayaan's pov
It was a very normal day for me. My life has been quite monotonous from a long time. Neither too exciting nor too boring. There is a balance between all the things. And I am grateful it is like that. I don't like uncertainty, it creates unnecessary drama.

I remember, my college days they were full of dramatic element. I might not rejoice my college days as normally people do but there is someone who I can't get out of my mind. That someone is Hania. She was one of the rarest persons in college whom I could trust. The days in which she was there weren't that bad. But there is no use of thinking about her now. She was just part of my past. I have to move ahead in my life. I guess its the right time. I should inform mum of my decision. She will be so happy to know that I am ready to marry. For this reason I was thinking to take a day off and spend time with mum. But then out of sudden Rahim called me. We first met durning an internship program. We got well along contrary to my expections. We aren't very close but still I can trust him. He asked me to come to his office and give him some advice regarding his new project. I couldn't say no to him although I had an another plan.It felt so wrong to say a no.

I went to his office to get one of the biggest surprise of my life.
We were having a small chit chat when there was a faint knock on door. My hearbeat suddenly
increased and I turned my gaze towards the door. My startled eyes met hers. I couldn't believe my eyes. But soon I realized Rahim was also looking in that direction and I have to act normally.Hania looked so lost. I was searching for that warmness in her eyes which always welcomed me.
However I couldn't comprehend the emotions in her eyes. She looked so shocked and nervous while Rahim was talking to her. Even in most embarrassing situations she never looked that nervous. When Rahim told her about me she acted as we are unfamiliar with each other. For his sake I fake smiled. I was gazing at her with questions, is she the same Hania. File fell from her hand and she was using this as an opportunity to avoid eye contact.

When Rahim left to attend the phone I could sense uneasiness on her face....but why. Whatever our equation was , there was never a place for awkwardness.I had to talk to her. I was about to say something when Rahim came to inform us he is leaving. I found this good opportunity to talk to her. But instead she left me puzzled by saying those lines.

Tbh it hurt me to hear that. I was so hurt that I asked her she even recognizes me or not. Hearing this she went into some other world. I felt she recalled out days together. Her smile was a proof for that to me. Her reply made me feel guilty.I tried to justify myself. And then she said so casually that she thought I forget her. I wish she could know what was there in my heart. Her replies were increasing the questions I had in my mind. And I want to know answer for each of them. I know she wasn't in any mood to answer me so I thought it was better to let go this time. However I hoped to figure this out ..... This change , this voidness in her eyes. And If there is Allah's will then I will not let anything come between us.

Third person's POV
Hania was very sure that destiny is playing a game with her or it is someone's conspiracy. She have to tell Saira about this. Thoughts like Saira was involved in this crossed her mind. She couldn't concentrate on work. She was thinking about tomorrow's meeting. There is major possibility that he can be there. Hania tried to work on tomorrow's meeting and checked the soft copy of the report again.

Her personal life is quite a mess now but she won't let that affect her professional life. She tried to put her attention in work and partially she succeeded. While working she never kept track of time. It was seven o' clock when she realized it was time to stop. She prepared her things and left for home.
At home her family was gathered at dinning table. Hania went to freshen up and joined them.
After dinner when everyone left Hania's mom stopped her and asked
" Hania dear , so what you have decided for weekend ? Is there someone you'll like us to meet ? "
With hesistance Hania replied
" Actually yes mom there is someone. "
"Don't be afraid of us, we are your parents ,we just want the best for you. I was asking so I can discuss some important things with your dad. Don't think we are some cruel parents shown in 90's Bollywood movies." her mom passed a smile to her and went.
Hania was much very thankful to God that her parents aren't very dominating and try to understand her.But one thing is that there are certain which you can't discuss with your parents even if they are the coolest.

Hania went to her and called Saira. She narrated events of day to her. To which Saira replied
" Hanu I wasn't expecting this.How can you behave so aloofly. You got such a golden opportunity. You could have discussed that problem with him."
" Saira I felt bit guilty of acting rudely , but I was just shocked seeing him. I felt it was not right time and place to discuss that issue."
" hmmm ..... By the way Hanu you noticed destiny is on your side. The person who was missing for years automatically came back in your life. One thing I am glad is that I don't have to do efforts to find about him. Although I assured you in cafe but you know it is a tedious task to find out things about him. Neither he had many friends nor he is active on social media."

" I feel it is a signal from destiny. Yesterday I was unsure about this idea. I was confused whether Ayaan will agree or not. But today after seeing him I am sure he will help me. He still has that warmness and kindness in his personality. I know him well."
" Hanu how will you meet him then ?"
" I guess he'll be there in meeting tomorrow."
" Acha Hanu dad is calling me I need to go. Take care. Allah Hafiz.
" Allah Hafiz." With this Hania kept phone down.
She prayed and went to sleep.
Next morning
Hania followed her normal routine and reached office.
She went to Mr.Rahim's cabin and asked him about the report. Mr. Rahim told her Ayaan reviewed it and it is perfectly presentable for meeting. He will be part of meeting to look into technical aspects of it. Hania maintained calmness and went back to her work station. She did some usual work and later went to meeting room. All key persons were there and soon meeting started. However Ayaan wasn't there which disappointed her badly. Soon it was her turn to speak. She was presenting her points when door opened. There was her favorite person standing." Excuse me , I am really apologetic for coming late and interrupting in between the meeting. I was stuck with some work at office."

Meeting members nodded and Rahim signaled him to sit. While going to his chair he passed a smile in Hania's direction. Hania was amused by his antics. She continued her presentation. After her turn some other members also presented their points
Meeting went in favor of Rahim's company. One by one members were leaving while Hania was winding up things ( documents etc ). Ayaan was watching her. Rahim signalled him to come outside. He was about to leave when Hania said " Ayaan can you stay here for a second." Hearing this he went near her, standing in front of her " Sure Hania , you want to say something ?"
" Ayaan I have a deal for you."
" what ? "
" See I can't talk about that deal in office. We have to talk about it somewhere else. "
Ayaan was baffled hearing her words She further added " there is a cafe near the office, can we meet there after half an hour? "
" okay see you there Hania."
He said and went out of meeting room with a hope that his unanswered questions will be finally answered.

" He said and went out of meeting room with a hope that his unanswered questions will be finally answered

Their looks for the day

Salam guys
I hope you all are fine
While writing this chapter i thought It will be a short one but it turned other way round
So finally Ayaan and Hania are face to face.
What turn will their story take ?
Please don't forget to hit ⭐ button
And your comments are most welcomed ❤❤
Bye
Take care 💕💕