1. Anywhere but here

Eddy checked to make sure he has his passport before zipping up his suitcase. He did a quick walkthrough to make sure everything in the apartment was switched off. Looking at the unmade bed in the small bedroom made his stomach turn. He closed his eyes for a few seconds whilst taking a deep breath.

The vibration of his phone ringing in his pocket brought him back to reality. It was his Uber ride. He hastily grabbed his suitcase and jacket. There was a slight mix of excitement and apprehension as he locked the door and made his way to the elevator.

"Airport please" he told the driver as he scooted into the back seat with his luggage. It was 10am. He didn't have time to have coffee as he slept late and he figured he could get some at the airport.

He leaned his head back for a moment. That's when the panic hit him. What the hell was he doing? He shook his head and sat up. He tried to focus on the buildings and cars outside his window. Soon they were outside the city and the green farmlands was all he could see for miles. His eyes glanced up to the electric wires jumping from pole to pole as they drove along side. Like waves. Down, up, down, up. Like a soothing symphony.