Reality Sinking In

Start from the beginning

"How does it look so far?" Aizawa asked, monitoring the two.

"From what I can tell, we're doing rather well. We had the capacitor for section F-86 up and running, so that means we should be able to power subsection HP-659 and order a protocol I-80-"

"Just tell me in words how far are you from being able to bring everyone back.

"A month. Give or take a few weeks." Aizawa stared at Melissa, somewhat surprised. "To be honest, 6-8 weeks is more likely to get us around where we could, but we're still missing some major components."

"Which are?"

"Titanium capacitor, a uranium hydraulic cooling matrix, an electrical voltage configurator, ulcer rebound cab-"

"Why don't you tell this to Powerloader or Nezu since I can't understand any of what you're trying to say."

"Hey Mel, pass me a ⅞ socket wrench as well as a cream soda." Melissa did as Hatsume asked to begin working on the mainframe of their work.

"I'm getting more coffee. Since Melissa's here, I can guarantee that you'll stay on track."

Aizawa left the room with the two inventors continuing their work. "So why did you put Deku and everyone in the past?"

"Three reasons. One, I wanted to see if my transporter worked."

"Wait, but I thought it was a time machine-"

"Second, I wanted to test out a 'theory' of mine about his quirk and the Quirk Singularity theory to see if quirks I found that are compatible with Midoriya's will make a difference."

"Wait, then why was Kendo sent back?"

"She was compatible as well, but I could only do a few at a time with the seven before her being done."

Strangely, Melissa could see where the pink haired inventor was going before asking one final question. "So what was the third reason?"

"That's for another day! Now hand me Phillip's head screwdriver." Melissa passed the screwdriver to Hatsume before looking at the blueprints.

'Weird, this doesn't look like the machine we had. Also, we never succeeded in anything like this in the time Mei was at I Island. How did she succeed where some of our greatest scientific minds failed?'

As this thought came through, a strange electrical current went through the room. This destroyed nearly every piece of electrical equipment in the department as well as the lights. "The heck was that?" Hatsume grabbed her phone out of her pocket to see that it was destroyed.

"Could it have been a villain attack?"

"Maybe." The door opened to Aizawa walking in with a flashlight in hand.

"Everyone alright?"

"Just a little shaken up. What happened?"

Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose before replying. "A villain tried to attack the school with a quirk that destroys machines. He's captured now, so that's not a problem. But from the lack of light in here, I guess it happened here as well?"

"Yeah, but the emergency generator should kick on right about..." The emergency lights came on right after Hatsume pointed at them. "Now,"

Now that they were able to see, Melissa walked towards the monitor of their machine to start typing on it. 'What the?' She began working to try and configure some power to the machine to see it wasn't working. "Hey Mei, does the emergency generator have enough to power the machine?"