So he pulls his phone from his pocket to record it so he can watch it back and know he wasn't just hallucinating.

"Dada's my favourite." Kiara teases him right back.

Kian lights up like a Christmas tree and bounces on the balls of his feet.

Absolute gold. And he captured it on his top quality IPhone, loud and clear.

The first video of his princess on his phone and one he was sure he would be coming back to it throughout the years, any time he had to wind up Rowan or remind Kiara.

Rowan gasps dramatically and backs away from her, a playful frown on his face.

"Okay then I guess I won't read you a story at bed time." Rowan shrugs.

Way to blackmail my child Row. I thought you were supposed to be the mature one?

"Nooo!" Kiara cries, scrambling up to her feet and climbing up to stand on Rowan's knees like he's her own personal jungle gym.

Kiara grabs his face with her palms and clumsily presses her cheek to his mouth.

"I was only joking! Me love zio kisses." She worriedly argues, her eyes wide and regretful.

Poor baby. How dare Rowan mess with her pure little heart like that, Kian thinks, stepping forward to make his presence known.

"Come here baby, is Uncle Ro-Ro being mean to you?" Kian asks the toddler, holding his arms out for Kiara to run in to.

Kiara's head snaps to him and she jumps off Rowan's thighs, eliciting a pained groan from him.

She goes to cling onto Kian's legs but at the last moment he hoists her up and props her on his hip, giving her his undivided attention.

"Zio said no bed time story. I was only joking dadda." Kiara sniffles, her little body racking with upset hiccups as she clings to her dad's neck.

Kian glares holes through his supposedly older brothers head whilst simultaneously contradicting that attitude and bouncing his daughter in his arms, rubbing circles onto her shaking back.

"Shhhhh, hey, it's okay baba he was only playing. He'll read you as many stories as you want." Kian assures, lifting a threatening eyebrow at Rowan.

Kiara's head lifts up from his shoulder where he could now feel a cold damp patch that her tears had left.

Kian wipes his expression blank and smiles softly at the little sensitive girl.

"Really?" She questions, a few sniffles still escaping her as she dries her eyes with the heels of her hands.

"Yes really." Rowan plucks her straight from Kian's arms, taking a few long cautionary strides away so that he can't attempt to take her back from him.

"Stop stealing my daughter Rowan! Go get your own." He sulks, crossing his arms.

"And replace my little munchkin? Not a chance." Rowan counters.

Kian grumbles and flops down on a pile of cushions on the floor infront of the telly.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡