LIKE A STAR

▪︎—[❤︎]—▪︎

▪︎—[❤︎]—▪︎

   "What the fuck- if this is some sick prank, it isn't funny!" Jisung cries. He feels sick to his stomach.

   "What? What prank? Hey, please let me in," the other says. Jisung contemplates for a moment before giving in, opening the stall door.

   The younger immediately walks in, shutting the door behind him and locking it. He looks at Jisung's face for a moment before gulping. He sits down on the floor, and Jisung winced, painfully aware of how dirty the floor is. He holds his hand out for comfort, and Jisung contemplates before rejecting. The other looks a bit hurt, but nods anyway, probably understanding where Jisung is coming from.

   "Look, we're going to try something called grounding, alright?" the taller says, and Jisung has no choice but to agree.

   "Okay, I'm going to need you to name five things you can see, alright? Can you do that for me?" he requests, and Jisung nods, frantically looking around. His breathing is fast and the pain in his chest is just worsening by second.

   "I can— I can see a door," he hears the other whisper a word of praise and feels safer, continuing on, "Tiles? The tiled floor, I mean. I can see-" he looks around for more things to name hurriedly, panicking. He can see so much, but he cannot remember what any of these things are called.

   "Take your time, it's okay. You're fine." he consoles, holding his hand out once more. Jisung hesitantly grasps his hand, sobbing loudly as he speaks.

   "Toilet seat, right there— under me," Jisung states, and the new student nods, squeezing his hand softly.

   "You! I can see you! Does that count?" Jisung visibly gulps, hoping the other says yes.

   "Yes, it does count. You're doing so well," he states, and Jisung nods.

   Jisung does eventually succeed, though not effortlessly. Soon he is down to naming one thing he can taste, and he gulps before answering. His crying has already calmed down throughout the process, and his breathing isn't exactly stable, but it's quite the improvement.

   "The flavour of my gum— the gum I was chewing earlier, strawberry flavoured." Jisung finishes. His eyes are moving around, looking everywhere but the other's face. It's like he could not even believe that he did it. The younger hums, squeezing Jisung's hand firmly. Jisung looks up at him and smiles softly, and the other's heart races. It goes quiet for a while until the taller of the two speaks up.