𝟐𝟏: 𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Bien dur Adam! Elle essaie ici, on sait tous ce qui s'est passé." Bridgette shouts and follows Adam to the circle where everyone is going to sit down too. She crosses her feet in front of her and continues speaking but in English. "Personally, I'm glad you're back Violet. Goodness, with all these new rules at Beauxbatons, we hardly get together as much." Bridgette holds Violets hand as she sits next to her and continues. "Madam Maxine believes our generation is the worst thing to happen to this school. Our lessons on manners have been extended to late hours of the night."

"Gosh that sounds horrible." Violet sighs in disbelief and looks around at the circle. "Hogwarts isn't so bad. Besides the constant drama of the wealthy families. However, you guys should consider moving to England."

Amelie lights a cigarette between her lips and elegantly blows it out to speak. "I hear British boys are a delight. Is that true Violet?"

"French boys will always have my heart, you know that." Violet chuckles as she takes a cigarette from the pack on the ground and lights in between her lips. "Oh, but those British men. They're much better in their thirties."

There are scattered laughs about Violets love for older men but Adam isn't laughing. Quite opposite, he finds it horrifying how much Violet has changed since they last talked. They're all in awe of Violet's change. When they last saw her, she was in pigtail braids and a smile so wide it was infectious. Now, her hair is longer and straight and her smile isn't as big; it's died down, along with the happiness she once had glowing on her skin.

Violet rests her head on Camille's shoulder and sighs with relief that for the first time in a while, she feels like herself. She's happy to be with her old friends, especially Camille. Her and Camille practically grew up together, their mothers were best friends. Even though Adam was her love, Camille was her soulmate and it pained Violet to leave her to move thousands of miles away.

"And who gave you these?" Amelie scowls as she pushes Violets hair away from her neck and trails her finger of her skin. "Did you forget I can see past enchantments. Who did this to you? It looks hurtful; however, the scars are close to fading completely."

"Scars?" Camille scrunches her eyebrows together and looks at Violet's neck which to her appears empty and normal.

Violet gives Amelie an angry look as she covers herself with her hair and speaks. "It's nothing. Just refrain from using your visions on me Amelie. Or just shut up for once."

Amelie gives Violet a stare of death and looks away as she continues talking with Matheo. Since the day they met – first year – Amelie always felt threatened by Violet and the love everyone she ever meets has for her. Now, Violet's back and it's all about her once again.

"I didn't mean that Amelie." Violet places her hand on Amelie's knee "I just don't want to talk about the person that did it."

Even after being apologized to, Amelie bites onto her cheeks and continues looking away from Violet. It is true after all; Violet has changed since May. Never has Violet angrily told one of them to shut up; she always held it in and vented to Adam about it at the end of the day. However, now that she's at Hogwarts, she doesn't care about holding it in because she has no one to vent to at the end of the day. At the end of the day, she goes home alone and drinks a glass of wine while listening to music. That's what her new form of venting is.

"So, how is the UK treating you?" Louis asks as he takes a sip from a whiskey bottle and sets it back down. "Is it all you could have ever imagined?"

Violet burns out her cigarette on her knee, enjoying the burn through her leggings and looks up at Louis. "It's quite lonely." She sighs. "I have an apartment that is wonderful and has a gorgeous view. My closest friend at the moment is my old friends father and my parent's haven't spoken to me in months. I love the UK."