Shehnaaz: (gulped) Condition number two: you won't ask us personal questions neither will I.

Sidharth stared at her in disbelief.
I accepted her offer and she is slapping me with conditions on every question I ask or every gesture I make. I think it's going to be very tough putting up with this lady.

Sidharth: I just asked because if I have to play her father I should be knowing her date of birth and some details as well.

Shehnaaz: I'll tell you whenever and whatever is needed. We have to go to her school 3 days later.

Sidharth shrugs and concentrates on eating for now. Shehnaaz puts on her thinking cap as to decide on what information she should let out to Sidharth and what she needs to cook up to hide Aadya's secret.

The bus comes to halt. They get down from the bus. It was fully dark and Aadya was fast asleep.

Sidharth: Do you want me to hold Aadya?

Shehnaaz: No!! I will hold her. Please co-ordinate with coolie and get the bags.

She didn't wanted to allow anyone to touch Aadya. Once they have the bags, Shehnaaz books a cab and they go to their temporary address.

Chameli: Shehnaaz?

Shehnaaz: Yes! That's me. Chameli right? (Chameli nods) He is my husband Sidharth and my daughter, Aadya, who is sleeping.

Sidharth smiles at Chameli. He felt a bit awkward of being called someone's husband even though it was just an acting.

Chameli: She is so cute. She has definitely taken over her father in terms of looks.

Shehnaaz coughed as only she knew that he was indeed her real father while Sidharth gave a fake uncomfortable smile thinking how people could act sweet and lie that a kid could resemble a total stranger.

Chameli: I wasn't informed about bhaiyya ji by the person who called me to give you accommodation. Guess, I should have taken it as obvious that you would come with your husband. Come, I'll show you the place you would stay for the next 7 days.

Sidharth: 7 days? (Shocked)

Chameli: Huh? Did you say something bhaiyyaji?

Shehnaaz: No no.. nothing..

She fake smiles and gives him a stare to shut his mouth infront of Chameli. Sidharth makes a puppy face trying to be sorry. Chameli takes a lead and Shehnaaz walks behind her followed by Sidharth who pulled the two big trolley bags of Shehnaaz along with his own backpack hanging on his back.

Chameli unlocks the door and takes them inside. It was a room and a seperate kitchen only. There was a double bed placed in the corner of the room and a small fan hanging from the ceiling. There was a spare mat and a broom in a corner. She opened the kitchen door, there was a kerosene stove and a pot on the kitchen platform and a small rack to keep groceries. The whole house had just one window in the room.

Chameli: The common toilet and bathroom is outside towards the right hand corner. The owner is bit strict, all the lights should be off by 10pm and no loud noises since there are other houses attached to it. I have already kept a pot of drinking water for you in kitchen today. Tomorrow morning you will have to stand in the queue at the corporation tap outside to get water. Timing is 8am to 10am. Here are the keys.

Shehnaaz and Sidharth nod to all the rules and instructions given by Chameli. Chameli leaves. Sidharth and Shehnaaz look at each other.

Sidharth: Why are you still holding Aadya? You can keep her on the bed now!

Shehnaaz: I need a bedspread before putting her on that bed.

Sidharth: Okay, give her to me. I'll hold her until you arrange a bedspread from your bag.

Shehnaaz: No! I will hold her. Open the black bag, you will find a pink bedspread in it. Just take it out and spread it on the bed.

Sidharth: Huh? Are you sure? It's a ladies bag and you might have your personal things in it.

Shehnaaz: Aaa.. no problem.

He unzipped the black bag and opened it. He went on to search for pink colour for easier reference. When he found a pink cloth he pulled it out and he got embarrassed to find that it was her slip than bedsheet. She virtually face palmed when he shivered and stuffed it back into the bag and finally he managed to locate the bedspread.

He properly spread it on the bed. She slowly placed Aadya on the bed. Her hands were hurting since she was holding Aadya for a long time.

Shehnaaz: There is no other bed nor another room for you to sleep. You will have to sleep in the kitchen on the mat. I will give you a blanket and another bedspread.

Sidharth: But there are no windows in the kitchen. It lacks ventilation.

Shehnaaz: But we don't have a choice.

She hands him the blanket, mat and the bedsheet. The moment he goes inside the kitchen, she closes the kitchen door and locks it from outside for her and Aadya's safety.
_________________________
To be continued.. ❤️❤️