Chapter 1: That day

On the planet X-69b3

“Dr. Mason, are you really sure about this?” Oliver brotherhood, the lead researcher on microbiology, asked the man in front of his desk, who was holding a stack of folders in his hands. All the folders were neatly labelled, all of them belonging to the same project, just covering different areas.

“Positive. Can you imagine how big this is?! The constant replacement of the combat A.I will no longer be needed! We can basically have another mind in our brain, this is an opportunity to make a change!” Putting all the folders on the desk, he took out one particular folder from the pile and handed it to Oliver.

“I understand your point, but what is this?”

Mason looked at the researcher with a mad grin adoring his face, “You won't know until you read it~”

On the top left corner, two words stood out the most.

Project Hyperion.

________________________________

Location: Planet M-77B4
Time: (According to Earth's standards) 21:78

The light bridge connecting the ravine came to life, the blue glow reflected from the metal panel floor.

“Prometheus to Transport station Saber, begin the transportation of the samples.”

With the press of a button, huge mechanical arms came to life, the magnets latched themselves onto the roof of the containers and carried them to the armoured trucks.

A woman with a scar across her right half of her face gave a long sigh as she watched armoured trucks carry the containers across the light bridge, her blue eyes following the vehicles with trained precision.

Swiveling her chair to the left side, she pressed a button on the bottom-left panel. The metal beams under the bridge retracted and the soft blue glow began fading away as the bridge dissipated to nothingness, disconnecting the two sides.

The metal door retracted into the wall, revealing a man wearing an all-white uniform. He made his way to the soldier sitting on the chair and saluted her.

“Thank you so much, Miss Exuberant! I'm really sorry that you had to take a portion of my shift.”

She got up from the chair and popped some of the joints to reduce the soreness of her body.

“It's really no big deal, just take care of your body, will you? Irregular eating habits can really cause an upset stomach easily! Also, please call me Argus when I'm not on the field.”

He looked slightly embarrassed at being called out, shifts often caused him to eat out of schedule or skip meals altogether.

“Okay Miss Argus. I shouldn't hold you for long, your team is boarding in a few. Make sure to come back alive!”

Grabbing her sniper rifle from the lower compartment, she looked back at the officer and flashed him a thumbs up along with a smile.

“Hey, it's just another day. I ain't dying anytime soon!”
________________________________

A loose metal panel groaned under the weight of her body as she boarded one of the 'Pelican' ships. Her rifle slung on her back shook with her movements. From an outsider's perspective, she looked armed to the teeth. Aside from her sniper rifle 'Nightstrike', she had a reinforced metal sword which was tinted blue, two daggers in her boots, a 10mm Desert Eagle in a Holster, a utility belt filled with medical supplies and grenades, her military vest held two escrima rods which could be assembled to a telescopic electric baton.

6 Soldiers were sitting on the seats, armed to the teeth with different weapons than hers but armed nonetheless.

Stormburst whipped out his middle fingers and looked at her with a deadpan look for no reason, and Exuberant followed suit.
________________________________

“So how are we supposed to do this again?”

They decided to conduct the experiment in the 'Research lab Delta', one of the best labs when it came to technology and manpower. Housing a whopping number of 14,500 workers in a single site and still having plenty of space for visitors was no joke.

They had to construct a separate section to contain all of the samples for this daunting task. They could only hope that it wouldn't go wrong.

Yeah, only hope.

“Let's just roll with the basic procedures, we can sort the other things later.”
________________________________

The pelican slowly landed on a helipad, disturbing the air around it with it's thrusters and kicking up dust, or you can say sand. Strike team 5 slowly got off the aircraft, waving the air around them to shove away the sand. One person in particular hated it.

“I hate sand.” Groaned Solos, glaring at the surroundings as if they committed a war crime.

“Solos, please, pray tell, why must you remind us that everytime we set a single toe on a grain of sand?”

“Shut up, Bian. I have a right to hate them.”

“I know you do, but that doesn't mean you'll turn into an angry Chihuahua.”

Argus sighed loudly and banged her escrima rods against each other, garnering their attention. “Please, let's just grab the flash drive and get this over with. This Desert is not helping at all.”
_

_______________________________

Writers block sucks af, not gonna lie.

On another note, We have art!

Now that I have a foundation laid out, updates might be frequent

Now that I have a foundation laid out, updates might be frequent. Maybe.