Chapter 11: Christmas Carol

Start from the beginning

"Right," Draco agreed. "I'll call her down, want anything on the way back?" Harry asked. "Some crisp will be great," Charlie smiled and he nodded before leaving. Once he was for sure gone, Charlie hit Draco on the shoulder. "What were you thinking? Straight up telling Y/n you have feelings for her!" Charlie huffed. "She told you?" Draco questioned. "She told us everything since Halloween," Charlie told. "What does it matter? She rejected it," Draco sighed, going to the fridge. "No, she said she couldn't," Charlie corrected. "But now we don't know what to do because she feels guilty and conflicted about you." Draco frowned then asked, "How was she after?"

"Scared that she messed things up, happy she kissed you a bit, worried about her future, helpless," Charlie answered. "She didn't cry though, so she'll be fine. When Y/n crys, it's bad but since she didn't it'll be okay." Draco sighed then said, "I don't like not talking to her. What should I do?" "She doesn't like it either but it's the easiest for her, girls are complicated," Charlie said. "Trust me, I should know... I hate this so I'll help you out. She loves sentimental stuff, so get her something that means something to her." Draco thought for a moment then got an idea and spoke, "Can you distract her?" "I don't know," Charlie said, thinking. At that moment, Winn burst through the door and hopped down the stairs.

"I'm in love!" He shouted, catching everyone by surprise. "Well, maybe I can," Charlie said then went off with Winn to Y/n's room. "So, what happened?" Y/n asked. "I was shopping for Christmas music when I bumped into the most beautiful creature," Winn told, laying on the bed while he held a pillow. "She was blonde with the most amazing bright blue eyes." "They get you," Y/n sighed. "What's her name?" Felicity asked. "Luna Lovegood," Winn sighed. "I managed to give her mine before all that came out was babbles. Instead of teasing me about it, she laughed, such a light laugh, and talked about wax spurts. What are they? No idea but hearing her made me want to know. I'm hopelessly devoted!"

They all laughed as Winn continued singing after he covered his face with a pillow. "What are we gonna do?" Felicity questioned. "I have no idea," Charlie answered. They all laughed again and did what they could as Draco was out and about trying to find the perfect present to fix everything.

-

It was finally Christmas day, the Malfoys were over and everyone was having fun. James and Sirius were off the job, but used the time Lily took Harry and Y/n to the store to train Draco. "So, don't flourish your wand, just simply disarm James," Sirius told. Draco lifted it then casted, "Expelliarmus!" A red light came out of his wand and hit James' wand causing it to fly in the air and into Draco's hand. "That was brilliant," Sirius beamed. "Keep working like that and you could take him down." "Let's not get too hasty," James joked, walking up to them and Draco gave his wand back. "You are getting better by the minute, just keep practicing in your spare time." Draco nodded then they went back inside hearing the car pull up and they went inside as they brought in the grocery. "Okay, let's get on everything," Lily insisted. "I'll help with the food," Narcissa insisted. "Y/n, dear, can you get the pots from the garage."

"Sure," Y/n agreed, going to do so. She saw them on the top shelf then stood on a chair to get them down, while she was about to get the pot a rat scurried across the shelf causing her to scream and lose her balance. When she was about to fall back, Draco caught her just in time before she hit the ground and Sirius walked in. "What happened?" He questioned. "I saw a rat and lost balance," Y/n answered, still clinging onto Draco. "What are you doing here, Draco?" Sirius questioned. "Mom wanted me to get something, I saw she was about to fall," Draco told, setting Y/n down and grabbed the pot on the shelf and handing it to Y/n.

"Thanks," She said shortly then left. Draco frowned then Sirius spoke, "It's funny how everyone knows you're in love with her except your family." Draco looked taken back then Sirius spoke, "Listen, I've known since you were eleven and couldn't stop calling her princess. Besides..." Sirius gave a photo to Draco that the perp had, it was that night at the Quidditch game and Draco kissed Y/n. "It's complicated," Draco said. "Not to be that person, but uncomplicate it because whether she wants to or not, you have to be there," Sirius said then left. Draco sighed then went out to help out with dinner. Soon, it was time to celebrate the holiday. So the family played games, watched movies, and sang songs together, even told stories.