Chapter 6: New Reputation

It was time to go back to school, we were all in Charlie's van going to school and I spoke, "The play is in January so that means auditions are this week." "We all have to audition," Felicity said. "What do I audition for?" Charlie huffed. "I don't know, it's up to you," I replied. "Winn has a part." "What?" Charlie asked. "Easy, teen angel that sings Beauty School Dropout," Winn answered. "It's calling to me." We all laughed lightly then we finally arrived at the school, right when we stepped foot on campus, people turned their heads towards us and whispered excitedly. "What the hell is happening?" I questioned. "I think we gained social rep for our victory on Friday," Charlie smiled. "I think we're hot shit now."

We all laughed lightly then went to the quad, when we sat down Felicity called over Cedric from his group. He waved his friends off and went to her and kissed her forehead. "Hey," Cedric smiled. "Hey," Felicity smiled then Winn cleared his throat. "Ced, these are my friends, that one is Winn, Charlie, and Y/n, they're all like family." "Nice to meet you, Felicity talks about you guys a lot," Cedric smiled. "Aw, she takes pride in us," Charlie joked, Felicity scoffed playfully. "So, you all are in the band?" Cedric questioned. "Y/n is the manager, Winn is the looks, I'm the hype, Felicity is the brains," Charlie teased and we all laughed. "We all get along great, what's your favorite band?" "I don't have one unless Felicity's band counts," Cedric smiled.

"Cheeky," I said. "Nice." We all laughed again, we hit it off with Cedric rather quickly then it was time to get to class. "So, do we approve of Cedric?" Winn asked. "For now since he makes our girl happy," Charlie said. "What about you and Draco, does he remember?" "I have no idea," I replied. "He acts like he does, but he gave me a sign that he does in a way. I have to remember that it was a drunk kiss." "Sometimes drunkenness reveals true feelings," Winn said then we made it to class. The regular classes were the same as always until the last class which was Drama. "Good week, everyone!" Lockhart beamed. "You want to know why because auditions for the play is this Friday for everyone! You know what that means? Sheet music all around for Grease!"

He passed out papers for everyone and spoke, "Who will be trying out for Sandy?" Pansy raised her hand along with a few other girls as I read the music. "And Danny?" No one raised their hands, Kochart spoke, "Oh, come on, no one? Boys?" Everyone looked around then Lockhart sighed then got an idea. "How about this, people who try out for the lead will get five extra credit points and will get even more if they get the part. I'll even be fair and bring in a surprise judge." Everyone shared a look then Felicity whispered in my ear, "You have to try out for Sandy, it just makes sense." I thought for a moment then Lockhart spoke, "Now who will be trying out for the lead roles?"

Everyone raised their hands except Charlie thn Lockhart smiled, "Brilliant! Now, everyone get to practicing." We all went to work, Pansy spat, "Are you really trying out for Sandy?" "Everyone is, Parkinson," I sighed, turning to her. "Are you scared cause I have an actual chance?" "I highly doubt that," Pansy scoffed. "Oh, I'm so scared," I said. Parkinson's scoffed then walked off to the car. "Are you gonna go for Sandy?" Felicity questioned. "Hell, yeah," I smiled then we drove off to the house to pick our songs.

"Winn, you seem too excited for this," Charlie said. "Leave him be," Felicity spoke. "Yeah, leave him be," Winn added. "Have you picked a character, just anyone will be great cause you get credit." "I get that, but none of them are calling to me," Charlie sighed. "Frenchie is too preppy, and the others don't feel right." I thought for a moment then spoke, "Why not try for Rizzo? She gives off sort of the same vibe as you and her attitude is the same as yours." I looked through the papers and took one out, handing it to her and Charlie looked it over. "Just try it out," Winn said. "Fine," Charlie agreed then we started the music.

"There are worse things I could do than go with a boy or two," Charlie sang. "Even though the neighborhood thinks I'm trashy and no good, I suppose it could be true... but there are worse things I could do." Charlie fixed her posture and continued, "I could flirt with all the guys... Smile at them and bat my eyes... Press against them when we dance, make them think they stand a chance then refuse to see it through. That's a thing I'd never do. I could stay home every night!" We all whooped, making Charlie smile then sang, "Wait around for Mr. Right! Take cold showers every day and throw my life away on a dream that won't come true." She got into the song and smiled, "I could hurt someone like me... out of spite or jealousy. I don't steal and I don't lie, but I can feel and I can cry! A fact I'll bet you never knew!... but to cry in front of you... That's the worst thing I could do!"

We all cheered then got up and I spoke, "Well, Charlie, I think we found out what your part is." "Okay... this could be fun," Charlie admitted causing us all to laugh.

3rd person pov:

Meanwhile, in Draco's room, the boys were trying to figure out what to do with their audition. "No," Draco said. "Why not?" Harry questioned. "We are not doing Prowlin' from Grease two with Ron, it's stupid," Draco replied. "Why do we have to even perform together?" "Because we are all gonna try out for T-birds," Harry said. "Unless you're trying out for Danny." Draco hesitated causing Harry to sit up, "Are you gonna try out for Danny?" "I don't know, I want to but there are far more talented people trying for that part," Draco sighed. "Go for it, it would be awesome," Harry encouraged. "Y/n is trying out for Sandy so it would be better if she had a Danny she knows."

Draco thought and spoke, "What song would I sing?" "Well, let's take a page from Lockhart's book," Harry said. "A song that brings out deeper feelings, what's a deep feeling you have?" Draco remembered back to the night he had with Y/n then realised that it probably wasn't a good idea to tell Harry he made out with his little sister. "Well, there is something," Draco admitted. "Then use that and you can't fail," Harry smiled. "I'll help you out." Draco smiled then they went to work, picking a song for Draco's big day.