Chapter 3: Surrender

Start from the beginning

"So... They found you" Walter began "it was only a matter of time, Lincoln"

"I know, I know... I just... I just thought that I'd be ready to face them" Lincoln said before taking a swig of the beer

Walter took a sip of beer before looking at his son, "I don't think anyone's ready to face their past, but we have to face it when it comes" Walter said

"Can I?" Lincoln asked "I moved on, I did everything to try and move on from them and got better with my life... And I always thought I'd be able to face them, to say what I needed to say" Lincoln began "but now, I just don't think I'm strong enough" Lincoln finished with a sad chuckle

"Not alone you're not," Walter said "you're afraid of doing this alone as you've always been, but your not alone son, you have me and your mother as well as Marshal, we're here to help you through this... Just like we have always been"

Lincoln took a sip of beer before he looked to his dad with a soft smile, "thanks dad" Lincoln asked

Walter smiled, "of course" he replied, "So, what are you gonna do?"

Lincoln thought about it and he took another sip of beer before finally looking to his dad, "will you be there with me?" Lincoln asked

Walter nodded with a soft smile, "Every damn step of the way" Walter told Lincoln

Lincoln smiled softly and nodded, "then I think... It's time to face them"

Walter smiled at his son and felt a sense of pride in Lincoln. Walter and Lincoln toasted their beers together and Tasha just watched from afar and smiled at the moment between her husband and her son. She too took pride in Lincoln's actions and she would be with Lincoln every step of the way with what was about to happen...

.

.

.

Lily was beyond frightened, she was utterly terrified. She currently stood in front of the Walker house and she stood alone. Her mind was racing with a million terrible thoughts that ate at her self-confidence, she tried to take a few deep breathes and tried to shake her mind of the bad thoughts as she stood at the door of the house. The house her brother grew up in.

She sighed before she raised her hand quickly and knocked rather quickly on the door. She did this in order to get the scary part over, like ripping a band-aid off. Lily then waited a few seconds before the door opened and in front of her stood a young man. The young man had black hair and a freckled face. He wore an orange long-sleeved t-shirt, with the sleeves being a white color, he also wore a pair of dark navy blue jeans and a pair of black and white converse shoes.

"Um... Hi, I'm Lily-"

However, she didn't get to finish her introduction as the young man kneeled and swept her up into a tight hug. Lily was surprised by the sudden but the Young man broke the hug and looked at her right in the eyes as he kneeled. Lily noticed that he had tears in his eyes but he smiled at her

"Hi Lily," he said with a sniffle "I know you don't recognize me, but that's because I dyed my hair... It's me, Lincoln"

Lily looked at him closer and then noticed that his hair was indeed dyed.

"I know that this is really strange, but I am-"

however, it was Lincoln's turn to not finish his sentence as Lily slammed her body right into his and she tightly wrapped her arms around his neck. Lincoln was not the one shocked but he heard Lily sniffle as she wrapped her arms around him tighter and Lincoln just smiled as tears fell and he hugged back.