06・little bunny

Start from the beginning

Willow smiled softly and nodded, making the younger girl beam in happiness. The thing of feelings for Conny was only ever going to go as far as to pity, never really love or affection.

She felt bad, she really did... or that was what she told herself.

Walking down the hallway hand by hand, she opened the bedroom door finding the other children setting up Conny's clothes for her 'adoption'.

"Ah, Willow!" One of the girls gleamed, clapping her hands, "There you are! Conny wanted you to change her clothes as a last parting gift, here!"

She handed the set of clothing to Willow— a gray pleated skirt, a snow white button-up along with a tied cherry-colored ribbon, a muted vest, a black blazer, and a matching top hat to pull the outfit altogether.

It was beautiful compared to the regular, colorless uniforms everyone had to wear, too bad this gorgeous outfit was going to be battered up in blood, that was going to be a waste.

With nimble fingers she quickly dressed the little girl in her new outfit, ready to be 'adopted' in her new home. By the time she was finished, a familiar duo of an albino boy and redhead walked in as Willow finally adjusted the ebony hat on Conny's head.

"Conny!" Emma called, opening the door, "Are you ready?"

The pigtailed girl fiddled with her blazer anxiously, "I'm not sure, my clothes are a bit..."

"They suit you perfectly!"

"Then I'm glad...!"

The ravenette smiled fondly at the pair and carefully handed the pale blonde her favorite toy, a bunny plushie that was personally hand sewn by Isabella for her 6th birthday.

"I hope you have a safe trip to your new home," Willow whispered, patting the little girl's soft locks.

Some teared up, some smiled in congratulations, and a few only stared blankly at the scene— Willow being one of the few as she observed the crowd close by, who all wore a variety of reactions for Conny's farewell. Her final farewell, mind you.

"I'm slow, and I wasn't as smart as everyone," Conny admitted, looking up at the others, "but even after I leave, I'll do my best. I'll have Little Bunny so I'll be okay!"

"Conny..." Don whispered, clutching onto his uniform.

A few moments of silence was when she finally broke down, silently sobbing while she continued her speech, "... I don't want to leave, anymore! I want to stay here!"

"We'll miss you, Conny!"

And then, they left. The last picture Willow will ever see of Conny is her silhouette next to Isabella's, walking peacefully at the dusk of midnight, completely obliviously of her fated doom.

It was sad, but she didn't miss Conny. Actually, as the great author I am, let me rephrase that sentence: she couldn't miss Conny.

Willow clicked her tongue, desperate to get the depressing feeling out of the way as she walked towards the dining room with Gilda and Norman by her side, all holding onto their brooms and duster.

Before she could even open the door, she already heard the echoes of Emma's scream coming along the hallway, "CONNY, YOU LEFT LITTLE BUNNY?!"

Her scream caught Gilda's attention the most, letting the girl the first to reply to her outbreak, "Little... Bunny? But Conny's already gone!"

"What should we do?" Willow mumbled, asking to no one in particular.

Ray walked in unannounced and answered, "There's still time. From the window, I saw that the lights on the gates were still on. Mom isn't back yet either, so I don't think Conny has left yet."

"Then let's hurry, Emma," Norman said, then turned to the golden-eyed girl next to him, "Willow, will you be coming with us?"

The girl had to ponder his question, in all honesty she really didn't want to or she would be lumped into the three's plans.

However, if she tried to deny it, it would make her seem suspicious in Ray's part since the girl was never one to normally say no. I mean, she did but it was really rare coming from her.

Willow wanted to sigh, she hated making decisions.

Ugh, this is more tiring than it had to be.

It was either: be suspected by skanky emo boy or be lumped into the three musketeers. The more she thought about it, the more Willow realized how annoying it would be to hear Emma's iconic ear-raping scream when she finds out the truth.

Yeah, she'd rather be suspected instead.

"No," she shook her had, "I'd prefer not to, I have to work on cleaning duty after all. You two can go instead."

The boy nodded and went ahead with the redhead to the orphanage's gate, and as expected the other ravenette of the group slightly arched his brow at Willow's claim to not go to the gate. Guess he will have to try to find another way for her to tell her the truth.

—fun fact(s) of the day—

・willow wanted to cry and tried her best to, and i quote, "suck it buttercup". she wouldnt admit it, but she greatly missed those who had been shipped out of the orphanage despite her attempts on not getting attached.

・conny was pretty sad that willow wasnt there playing tag even though she knew the girl wasnt the outside type of person.

・little bunny's clothes were designed by willow herself, she couldnt help but wear a shit eating grin when conny said that her favorite part of the plushie was the outfit.

・willow's favorite person of the trio is norman because he isnt as chaotic as emma and isnt as cocky as ray, but sometimes she did find it annoying whenever he was too quiet. absolute chills bro.