prologue

EMORY LACY was currently trapped in a room, with the one person she couldn't stand which was DANIEL DESARIO

There are so many things Emory would rather be doing, listening to music or out shopping with her friends.
She was missing the first homecoming game, and it was all Daniel's fault.
'This has got to be a nightmare.' Emory thought as she glanced over at Daniel.

Not a nightmare.
It was very much real.

Daniel on the other hand, was trying to break open the door. "This is all of your fault!" He turned around, his voice filled with irritation.
"Oh it's my fault, you thought it would be funny to pull this idiotic prank on me! You were the one who moved the doorstep." She huffed out in anger, Daniel could be so infuriating.

"I forgot how annoying your voice is." He commented and she shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose, trying her best to remain calm. She took a deep breath and then sighed heavily.

"Oh are you talking about yourself?" Emory antagonized, he rolled his eyes at her.

"Nick was supposed to be here by now..." Daniel said in a frustrated tone, he sighed and sat in the only empty chair in the Janitors closet, hoping somebody at the school would open this door to let them out.

"What was your goal anyway?" Emory said curiously, and Daniel met her eyes.
"I thought it would be funny to get you trapped in here... just to irritate you plus it'd be fun like old times." He explained and tipped his head back a bit.
"Like old times.. You mean when we were friends?" She proclaimed feeling the nostalgia that he mentioned.

"Can we just sit in silence for one second?" Daniel asked and she was feeling so agitated at him, but kept her mouth shut.
Few seconds later, her legs were feeling tired from standing up for too long and he was sitting in the only chair that was in the closet.

"Can I please sit?" She asked hoping he had some sympathy for her.
"There's the floor." He pointed out and she gave him a pouty face, "Please Daniel, since you made me miss the first annual homecoming game." Emory's eyes burned into him, her hands were still clenched up because she was feeling uneasy.

She hated small spaces, but she hated him more.

He smelled of cigarettes, and strong cologne.
It was partly intoxicating but the smell filled the entire closet, and it was reeking of it. there was no way out unless if someone opened that door because it was locked on the inside.

"Daniel Please!" She cried out not wanting to sit on the dirty floor which was practically covered in dust and looks like it hasn't been properly swept in years.
"My legs are killing me." She added, her legs were sore from cheerleading practice. She stood there staring at him, deeply hoping he would have a change of heart just this once to show an act of kindness.

Strange to think that once in their life they were best friends, always together and had their silly inside jokes.
Here they were though... a couple of years later, hating each others guts and could never say or do a nice thing for one another.

"Oh I'm sorry princess, of course you can have my seat." Daniel offered sending her a smile that looked so genuine, "Really? See I knew you were a great guy deep down." She gasped and a grin appeared on her face.

She was waiting for him to move, but then watched his smile change into a very devious expression.
"I'm kidding, I'm not moving so sit on the ground or stand." He smirked knowing that he was pressing her buttons.
Emory has had enough with his unwanted attitude, her eyes flashed with so much anger.

Daniel instantly regretted pissing her off.
"I'm going to kill you Daniel Desario!" She shrieked with annoyance.
"Fine I guess I'll just have to make you move." She spoke and an smug face expression appeared on her face.

Next thing he knew she was trying to push him off of the chair with all of her strength.
"Get off of me Emory!" Daniel shouted but deep down this was extremely amusing to him, he was trying to keep himself on the chair and not give it up.

Nick was strolling through the high school halls, he was super stoned and was just having a good time while the halls were empty.
Nick started to hear shouting coming from the closet, feeling curious and too high to care Nick's hand reached for the closet door and was shocked at what he was seeing.

Emory had Daniel pinned on the ground, they both were arguing with each other which was usual and she was practically trying to wrestle him.

She saw the door open, and met eyes with Nick Andopolis.

"Hi Nick." Emory cleared her throat, and gave him a polite smile.
"Nick, man you are finally here! About damn time." Daniel said feeling slightly annoyed at how late he was, "Emory was going to kill me." He added quickly.

Emory stood up and got off of Daniel, slightly dusting her self off and then she sighed.
"I interject! He said he would kill me too."

Nick stood there, so very confused but then started to laugh very loudly.
"You- you two are way too crazy!" He joked and kept laughing it up.

"Whatever, Daniel if you ever pull something like this again... I'll beat you up." Emory addressed, she fixed her hair and then glanced at the two boys.
"It was nice seeing you... idiots." With that Emory left, walking passed Nick.

That was the girl they used to know, the friend they absolutely adored.
Old memories flashed in their minds, all the moments they had shared when they were younger.

Sometimes people change as they get older, people drift apart.
Emory getting a new status, gaining popularity. Things have certainly changed.

High school really does suck!