But that didn't stop me from loving him.

I have loved Abel for a long time even though I knew he was in a relationship with Taylor Jackson and I won't deny I was more than happy when my adoptive father Aaron Grayson informed me that Mr J Carter wants me to get married to his son.

I was happy but scared because I knew Abel would never accept me as his wife. I tried talking to my dad and to Mr Carter but neither of them paid me any attention. In fact my family is more than glad to finally get rid of me.

It really hurts to be so helpless but I refuse to loose hope. I'm sure one day, Abel will learn to love me just as much as I love him and he won't see me as the ugly duckling whom his father forced on him but as his wife whom he loves.

"How's the beautiful bride doing?" My best friend Angela Miller's voice rang out as she walked into my room.

I quickly brush off my tears "hey angel" I tried to sound cheerful but it seems she already knew i have been crying.

She frown as she stared at my red puffy eyes. My back is to her but she could still see my reflection on the mirror before me "Celine are you crying?" Her worried tone made me feel a bit better cause it reminds me that I still have someone who cares about me.

I gave her a weak smile "I'm fine Angel" she stared at me unconvinced.

"No C you're not okay. Today is suppose to be your big day and you're crying" she settled herself on my bed but kept her eyes on mine through the mirror. Her eyes suddenly narrowed as she asked "did that d*** face hurt you?"

"Language Angel" I wasn't a fan of vulgar language and she knew that.

"Sorry. But answer me C, did the butt head hurt you?"

I sighed. Angel would never learn. In the past, Selena and I had tried so hard to get her to stop cussing but it seems it was already a part of her. "Common C answer me. I know you went to see him last night"

I stared at her shocked "were you spying on me?"

She smiled mischievously "something like that. Now spill"

I sighed once again. She was such an over protective pest but I love her anyway "well he just made it clear to me that he didn't want to get married to me" I answered trying to hold in the tears which threaten to rush out.

"That bastard!" Angel snap in anger as I watch her fingers ball into fist "he should be damn happy that he's getting married to you. He doesn't even deserve you. The bastard doesn't even know how damn lucky he is"

I felt better by her words although I knew they weren't true. No man would want a woman like me as a wife.

I wasn't pretty. I was nothing compare to Angela, Selena and Taylor. As I stared at Angel in her light pink off shoulder mermaid gown and her sparkling amber hair styled expertly and her gorgeous amber eyes on view; it makes me wonder why she choose to be friends with me.

Angela and Selena were the most beautiful girls back in highschool. Boys drool over them and they could get any guy they wanted with just a snap of their fingers.

But they didn't care about any of these guys. They were okay as long as they had each other. They acted like real sisters and didn't allow anyone to be a part of their friendship so it was kind of a shock when they decided to befriend me.

Angel suddenly stood up from the bed as she came to stand behind me and began fixing the loose strands of my hair "listen C. You're a real gem and Abel doesn't deserve you"

"He doesn't" I agreed "he deserves better. He deserves a wife who he would proudly show to the whole world not someone so ugly like me"

"Shut up Celine don't call yourself ugly" she scolded glaring at me through the mirror "you're anything but ugly" I gave her a look of disbelieve and she sighed "let me tell you a secret" she began and went on fixing my hair "when you first started schooling with us, I was jealous of you. You were so beautiful and I wanted to hate you for being prettier than me but when I talked to you in our literature class, I realize what an amazing personality you have and I decided to befriend you"