CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO✔️

Start from the beginning

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's loved ones to protect," Elijah said.

"So is Jenna," Alaric retorted.

Arabella rolled her eyes. Men.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women," Elijah said.

Arabella and Alaric looked at Elijah.

"It's a joke, lighten up," Elijah said.

Arabella scrunched up her nose but kept her mouth shut as Jenna approached them.

~

Jenna and Elijah went off to look at more of the land while Alaric and Arabella stayed behind. Arabella complained of foot cramps and Alaric didn't feel like seeing Jenna and Elijah "flirt" (as he would call it).

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Damon asked. Arabella scoffed.

"Elijah made a deal with Elena saying she would protect her loved ones. He's trustworthy," Arabella defended her brother.

"No, it was boring," Alaric remarked.

"More than boring," agreed Bella.

"Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming," Alaric said.

Arabella laughed. "Are you jealous?"

"You sounded a bit jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon asked Andie.

"Kinda do," Andie agreed.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alaric said, motioning towards Andie and Arabella.

Arabella smirked, then heard Jenna and Elijah's voice. "Look, it's Jenna and her new boyfriend."

Damon motioned the two to come over. "Hi!"

"Hey guys!" Jenna greeted.

"Sorry for ditching you, my feet were on fire and I was growing hungry."

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon said, pretending to be very interested.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna remarked and looked at Elijah.

"Well, as much as I would love to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric declared.

"Hey, you know, we should do this again," Damon stated.

"We should have a dinner party!" exclaimed Andie all the sudden. Arabella nearly groaned.

"Oh, my girl, full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host," said Damon.

"Brilliant," muttered Bella under her breath.

"Say tonight maybe?" asked Damon.

"It's good for me, Jenna?" asked Andie.

"I don't know—" Alaric started.

"—Yeah, tonight works," Jenna interrupted Alaric.

"It'd be a pleasure," Elijah said.

Everyone looked towards Bella.

"Bella, you could make that chicken you always talk about," Damon said. It was obvious he was trying to rile her up.

"I'm rusty in the kitchen."

"I'll help you," Damon said.

"I don't like you."