Part- 12

The village was in a buzz, looking livelier than usual, many people noted. However, there was reason to be. Today was the day of the chunin finals. People chatted happily as they made their way to the stadium, talking about who would win and who they would place their bets on.

Of course, most of the buzz was about the last Uchihas. Many people were sure that one of the last Uchihas would no doubt emerge as the winner of the chunin exams. It seemed as if the name of Uchiha automatically distinguished them as the strongest. Of course, people had reason to believe that the last Uchihas were no other than the younger brother of Uchiha Itachi and the younger sister of shusui the greatest prodigies to come out of the Uchiha clan. So, there was a lot of hope placed on the Uchihas to perform well.

Many other people were rooting for the Hyuga genius, Hyuga Neji. The boy was hailed as the prodigy of the Hyuga clan, and there was no doubt as to how powerful the clan was. A prodigy of a powerful clan such as the Hyuga would no doubt be another favourable contender for the title of the winner of the chunin exams.

Naruto smirked as he made his way to the stadium, ensuring he was out of everyone's sight. It was important for him to not be seen by anyone. He wanted his entrance to be one worthy enough for the son of the Yondaime. As he made his way to the stadium, he paid close attention to what the people were saying. Most of them seemed damn sure of Sasuke's and tsuki's victory, while the others were in the favour of the Hyuga. Others were not even mentioned, which suited him just fine. The more he was ignored, the more potent would be their guilt.

"There are still over five minutes before the announcements begin," he mused. He sat down to wait, and while he waited, he thought back to what Neji had said during the prelims.

" What are you doing Uzumaki," Neji said in an angry tone " The battle is already over it's clear as day that you won," Naruto said as he glared at Neji " It's my destiny to win she is a failure once a failure always a failure," Neji said with a smirk as naruto looked at him with a blank look " Know this Neji if a fight you, you will pay," Naruto said.

" Neji what happened to you that you believe in fate more than your own abilities," Naruto thought.

................................................................................................................................................................

Tsuki and Sasuke had just arrived at the stadium Sasuke did say that he wanted a flashy entrance but Tsuki dragged him to the stadium and he had to agree

Shikamaru looked as lazy as usual, but he closely observed his opponents. His opponent, the girl from the sand, looked every bit confident of her victory. But there was a small hint of apprehension in her eyes, which darted around the arena anxiously. He didn't bother looking at Shino. The guy was as stoic as a stone, and never gave anything away. The glasses and high collar of his jacket only made it difficult to read him. The puppeteer from the sand was just like his sister, but unlike her, there was no anxiousness radiating from him. The last guy from the sand was the one that bothered Shikamaru the most. Then came the uchiha's Shikamaru could tell that those two were insanely strong and outside of garra and naruto he wouldn't wanna face those two.

He looked over to Neji, who was Naruto's opponent. Regarded as the rookie of the year of his batch, Neji was a proclaimed genius of the Hyuga, who were known for their deadly and unique Taijutsu. While a formidable opponent, Shikamaru doubted he would win against Naruto who was also rookie of the year of his batch and was a proclaimed genius. He knew that Naruto was powerful, but he had the feeling that Naruto had yet to show what he was fully capable of. Speaking of.....

He looked around to find his blonde friend but there was no sign of him he sighed and muttered 'Troublesome'. The proctor, a different one from the prelims, was standing in front of their lineup. A lazy one, from what he could see.