Chapter 73 - A Spy Among the Brooklyn Borough

Start from the beginning

The boy in red winced, but nodded and ran off again.

In Brooklyn

Race flopped down on Spot's bed dramatically.

Said King looked down at him. "You alright?"

"Selling with Cloth is so boring!" the curly blonde-haired boy complained, as if he had been waiting for this. His hands were over his eyes dramatically.

Spot rolled his eyes, leaning his back against the wall and going back to reading his paper. "And why is that?" he asks, though he Lena full well why it was boring for Race.

"Because he's so protective!" Race groaned, sitting up and looking at Spot. "'Don't get hurt, Racer', 'You're gonna get hurt if you do that', 'Stay away from him, he gives me bad vibes', and worst of all, 'I told you that you'd get hurt if you did that'." Race did a poor imitation of Cloth's voice.

Spot chuckled, slightly amused.

"I need cuddles now." Race flipped onto his stomach, looking at Spot with puppy eyes.

Spot chuckled. "You know-"

"I really don't want to know," Race muttered, laying his head down on the bed.

Spot ignored his comment. "I might just have to send you with Cloth everyday if I'll get cuddles out of it." He smirked a bit.

Race rolled his eyes, standing up. "And now I'm leaving," he decided. He turned, opened the door, and walked out of the room.

Spot chuckled. "And he never closes the door behind him," he muttered to himself. He let three seconds pass, before he got up and followed Race out of the room.

The blond boy was laying on his bunk.

Spot climbed up to the bunk with him, wrapping his arms around Race and pulling him so his back was against his chest.

"I was wondering when you'd come," Race mumbled, resting his head slightly in front of Spot's.

Spot chuckled. "I waited three seconds," he responded

"So long." Race lazily covered his eyes again, only being half sarcastic.

Spot chuckled, nuzzling his head into the crook of Race's neck.

The two stayed silent for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence.

"So-"

"Don't ruin the peace," Race grumbled, pulling the blanket more against his body.

Spot rolled his eyes. "Cut me off again and I'll kiss you," he threatened.

Race's cheeks reddened a bit.

"I had a lot of people ask to sell with you today," Spot mumbled to Race, his hot breath hitting the back of Race's neck.

Race squirmed a bit. "Oh?" He tried to keep his voice calm.

Spot chuckled softly, pulling Race closer to him. "Don't be embarrassed," he whispered teasingly.

Race rolled his eyes. "I'll have to go shout that advice to the world, it was so inspiring," he grumbled sarcastically.

Spot ignored his sarcasm again. "One was Sling, and the other was Bandit, which was a little weird to me," he informed him, his voice soft so to not disrupt the peaceful atmosphere that had settled around them. "Bandit doesn't seem like your biggest fan, so him wanting to spend a day with you sounds weird to me."

Race just shrugged in response. "Maybe he's finally warming up to me." He smiled a bit, silently hoping that he was right. "As far as I know, he doesn't seem to hate me."

Spot shrugged, closing his eyes as he laid his head in the crook of Race's neck. "Maybe," he mumbled. "Bandit's a good Newsie and guy, I really hope it's nothing."

"It probably is nothing," Race assured him. "I trust him."

Spot smiled slightly. "He's great once he warms up to you," he told him. "I think you two would get along."

Race nodded, deciding not to say anything else..

The two boys fell silent again.

A few minutes later, Race felt Spot's body relax and his breathing fall into a steady rhythm. His suspicions were confirmed when he heard Spot's snores.

Race smirked a bit and he silently cheered at the fact that he got Spot to sleep. He snuggled closer to him and relaxed.

He was about to try to sleep, someone walked into the room.

Upon further notice, Race realized it was Bandit.

His darker brown hair was pulled back by a red bandanna and he was wearing brown pants, red socks, brown boots, a belt, and a red sleeveless flannel, with a red and black bandanna tied around his upper arm.

Race smiled when they made eye contact and he gently pulled his arm away from Spot and waved at him.

For the first time since Race had met Bandit, the boy waved back at him.

Race almost grinned and he closed his eyes, drifting to sleep not even a few minutes later.

1302 Words
Yo, it's been freaking forever since I updated this book. I'm trying to get back on top of it, so here's an old chapter (which is why it's horribly written, though it's been edited so hopefully it's a bit better lol), while I try to remember how to write the story from here (: