It was a nice way of getting out of the compound. At least for Valen, Peter stayed with his Aunt May.

"Your silver is starting to come back." Peter pointed to her hair.

The roots were starting to show her natural silver hair. Soon she'd have to find out how to get the black out since it was no longer needed to help hide her identity.

Peter was unknown on her bonding list. She couldn't tell if she liked him or tolerated him. All she knew about him was that he was like her own personal tour guide of New York. She guessed that she trusted him somewhat to hang out with him.

Peter was still talking to Valen as they walked. He always did the talking. His full attention was on her, trying to see how she'd react to anything he'd say. He's been trying so hard to break her hard shell. As he was talking about his friends from his school, he ran into a pole.

"Watch out." Valen pointed to the pole as she continued to walk.

Peter caught up to her and kept a hand on his head. He seemed extremely excited after just being a klutz. "Why is it that the first time you talk you warn me after I hit the pole?"

"Why is it that you know where I am when I'm invisible but can't tell there's a pole in front of you?"

Peter gave her a half smile. "I was uh... distracted."

Valen rolled her eyes. Before Peter could continue on talking, his watch started beeping. It was a way of letting him know he was needed at the compound. He looked at Valen and both started headed back in that direction.

Walking into the building, the two were both ushered into a conference room. Tony was already sitting and waiting patiently for them to arrive. Peter pulled out a chair for Valen. She looked at him weirdly before sitting down.

"Now that you two are back from your date-"

Tony was interrupted by Peter. "It wasn't a date Mr. Stark."

"Anyway, Valen you've been here for two weeks now. I've taken it as you're staying then?"

Peter turned his head quickly, waiting for Valen's answer. She slightly shrugged her shoulders. Her plan was to leave, but being here hasn't been that bad.

"I'll take that as a yes. In that case, your training starts tomorrow." Stark started to grab his things and head out the door.

"That's it?" Peter asked.

Valen spun in her chair looking at the man confused. The action didn't seem to bother him because he calmly kept walking toward the exit.

"Welcome to the team." With that, he exited fully out the door leaving the two alone in the conference room.

"You're an Avenger now!" Peter side-hugged Valen. His excitement could easily be read by anyone. It just radiated off of him.

She took his hand and lifted it off her shoulder. "I don't want to be an Avenger."

"Well, you can't live here for free either."

She knew he was right. Stark did tell her he wanted her to join the team, it's why he made sure she didn't get a real job. She had two options, back out now and leave, or stay and start her training as an Avenger tomorrow.

-

Loud knocks woke Valen from her sleep. She angrily walked to the door ready to freeze whoever it was like a popsicle.

She swung the door open to see Steve in athletic clothing. He smiled seeing her look so unhappy with her rude awakening. "Morning. Why aren't you dressed?"