Chapter 23

When they arrived at their box, they found Fiona's Aunt Norah and Uncle Caleb already there with Mason and Cassie's daughters, Poppy and Aggie. Aunt Lizzy's husband, Brian Alexander was also there. Fiona and Henry took their seats along with Wyatt and Beth, and Fiona's parent's, Quinn and Dana. The others all moved to the box next to them which only offered a low wall as a separation.

"How is motherhood treating you?" Caleb asked Beth with a grin as he kissed her cheek. Beth and Wyatt's little girl Mary had been born at the beginning of March and was only a few months old.

"It's lovely, thank you," Beth responded with a glowing smile as she kissed Caleb's cheek. The secret of Beth and Wyatt's marriage had been revealed shortly after their visit, and they had had a second marriage ceremony the previous July at Wyatt's family home outside of Charleston. Shortly after the wedding they announced that Beth was pregnant.

"Where is the baby?" Dana asked as she settled in a seat next to her daughter while Henry and Quinn sat behind them. It wasn't ideal for Fiona, who wanted Henry where she could see him. 

"Mary is with Sunny along with Finn and Lily's daughters. Eli is performing tonight, and you know how she hates to come to these things, so she offered to keep the kids." Elias Emory was a famous rockstar and an old friend of the family, and Sunny was his wife. Eli had been the one to take and unknown Lily and turn her into a star.

Beth turned to Fiona. "Speaking of Eli and Sunny, we're going to their island tomorrow for a few weeks. Poppy, Aggie, and Mave are coming too. You and Henry should join us!"

Beth leaned across the small wall and tapped Alistair on the shoulder. "Are you free the next few weeks? If you came, it could be a cousin's weekend. We haven't had one of those in eons." The excitement on Beth's face was hard to say no to.

"I promised Mom and Dad I would help at the ranch," Fiona explained.

"Oh, a few weeks more won't matter. You and Henry should go." Dana smiled. "Are you free, Henry, or do you have to return to base soon?"

"I love the idea of all of us together again! You should come to Katherine!" Beth insisted.

Katherine's eyes grew wide at the suggestion as she looked at all the others whose attention had turned to her.

The lights thankfully dimmed, which kept them from having to answer.

"We can talk more at the after-party!" Beth insisted as the overture began."

Fiona had to admit that a few weeks spent on a secluded barrier island off the coast of Georiga with Henry might not be a bad idea. Granted, all of the cousins would be there, but it was a big enough place to evade them if they wanted. She really wanted to look over her shoulder and get a read on what Henry thought about the idea. He hadn't answered her mother's question about if he was free or not.

The first act of the show was delightful. It was a mix of different artists that included Eli and was primarily dedicated to modern music with a toe-tapping beat. When intermission hit, the majority of the family stayed put, and thankfully, Beth didn't bring up the island again.

Fiona was desperate to talk to Henry, but he was deep in conversation with her father and then Caleb, and it was impossible to suggest they leave without being rude, so she sat in her chair and worried the strap of her purse with her fingers.

The lights dimmed once more, and the music was simple. It was only the piano played by Eli with Cassie on center stage spotlighted as her voice soared. When she launched into the song 'At Last', the entire Stevens family had a tear in their eye. It had been Elizabeth and Doug, her grandparents' song. After Cassie's solo, Lily joined her, and she and Cassie took turns doing ballads and duets while occasionally joined by Eli.