"You'd ruin your marriage, that's what," he mumbles.

"Heyyy," I back away.

"It was a joke!" he laughs it off, "I didn't mean it, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I know. I'll talk to you later." Mitch and I say our goodbyes and I walk myself out.

On the drive home I decide that I'll sleep in my office tonight. I don't know if Em wants to see me right now and I don't want to wake her by going into our room. I'm sure she's still mad at me, and rightfully so. I'll make sure to turn on the baby monitor though so I can tend to Charlie when she wakes up.

Our property is heavily secured so I feel comfortable parking in the driveway to avoid waking anyone by opening and closing the garage. I sneak in through the front door and grab a pillow and blanket to sleep on my couch.

Once I'm about to fall asleep, I think to check my phone and see that Em responded almost an hour ago.

Emma: Okay, I love you.

She won't see it until the morning, but I still find it important to reply.

Harry: I love you too, Em.

***

Emma's P.O.V.

The bed is cold. He's not here.

I feel like crying when I realize he didn't come back last night. We've never not gone to bed together after an argument. As much as I'm hurt, I still hope he's okay.

Before I have time to even check the time on my phone, Charlie begins crying.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here," I pick up Charlie from her crib and kiss her head gently, "I'm sad too. Are you hungry?"

Right as I get back in bed and begin to feed Charlie, the door opens and in walks my husband.

"I heard Charlie, is she okay?"

Really, that's all he says? No, "I'm sorry I was a dick and left without telling you where I was or when I'd be back."

"She does this every morning. She's fine, just hungry," I tell him plainly.

"Okay. Um, can I come in?" he scratches the back of his neck, a habit too familiar to me. He hesitant, he's nervous. At least he knows he's in the wrong.

"Yeah," I sigh. Harry takes his place on the bed and sets his gaze down at Charlie, lips tucked into his teeth.

"So..." I start speaking.

"Are you mad at me?" he has the audacity to say.

"I don't know Harry. Would you be mad if I offended your ability to be a father, left without telling you anything, ignored your texts for hours, and then just showed up the next morning?" I watch his face fall.

"I'm sorry," his shoulders slump and looks down at his hands folded in his lap.

"Sorry for asking or for what you do?"

"For everything. It was mean what I said, and I would take it all back if I could. There's no excuse for how I acted. You're an amazing mother and I couldn't ask for anyone better to love and live and parent together with. I'm so sorry," he trails off.

"Thank you, but we still have some things to discuss." He nods and hesitantly scoots closer until he kisses my temple. He then rests his head on my shoulder, and we quietly adore our daughter.

"Are you happy, Em?" Harry whispers after Charlie's switched sides.

"Of course, I am. Are you?"