𝐭 𝐫 𝐞 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞

Start from the beginning

While Madelyn could perfectly imagine it, Bella had a disgusted face on as she couldn't believe how wolves could be stronger than the Cold Ones. When I'll be a vampire, I will test that theory, Bella thought with a wicked smile, eyeing her adopted sister with an unsettled look. 

"They lived in fear that the Cold Man was not alone. They were right. She took her vengeance on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe, after his son was killed," Billy continued, eyeing everyone around the fire. He glanced towards his son's imprint and smiled a little when he noticed she was engrossed by the story. "Taha Aki's Third Wife could see he would lose..."

Madelyn stared at the flames, imagining the scene. She could see the chief, mourning over his son's body. She could see him, shifting into his wolf form before running after the Cold woman and she could almost feel the distress coming from Taha Aki's Third Wife when she noticed he was going to lose. 

"The Third Wife was no magical being, with no special powers but one : courage..."

Nathaniel could also imagine the scene. He was slowly getting use to the legends and while he looked into the fire, he imagined the Third Wife, holding her knife high and plunging it into her heart...

"The Third Wife's sacrifice distracted the Cold Woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains, the Cold Ones. Our magic awakens only when they come near. And we sense it now, feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming, and we must be ready. All of us," Billy concluded, looking at Nathaniel, nodding once. The vampire nodded back.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer..." Carlisle, Jasper and Emmett were listening to the news, concerned about everything that happened near Seattle. Madelyn and Nathaniel entered the Cullen's house, Bella tagging along as she didn't want to be left out of anything. Emmett scrunched his nose at the wet dog smell which emanated from the trio's bodies. 

"Look who survived the dog park. They didn't bite you yet?" Emmett winked at his uncle, the news about the murders already faraway in his mind. Nathaniel chuckled and pushed his head away, wrapping his other arm around Madelyn's waist and bringing her to the couch. 

"It's getting worse," Carlisle called out, looking at the couple in worry. "We're going to have to do something," In the meanwhile, Edward and Luca walked downstairs. Bella straighten her back, happy to see her dear boyfriend, who didn't spare her a look, instead focussing on his mate. 

"Alice still hasn't had any visions about who's doing this," Edward explained, sitting down close to Luca. The youngest Swan glared at the Volturi guard, envious at the contacts the boys were having in front of her. 

"So, we track him down and kick his bloodthirsty ass. Let's go now. I'm bored as hell," Emmett whined while Madelyn laughed at him. 

"Emmett," Rosalie scolded her husband from upstairs, where she was reading in her room.

"She's such a pessimist," He puffed and crossed his huge arms. Jasper shook his head at his brother.

"It's not just one guy. It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..." He said with his southern accent.

"Newborns," Luca stated. Bella didn't want to talk with the past human drinker, but she wanted to know everything about the Cold Ones.

"Like... new vampires?" The blood singer asked, earning an eyeroll from Luca.